What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I think that'll be the story for the rest of the season. Having said that, I don't see Crosshair making it to S3.
I was thinking that they were going to use Crosshair to go after Omega who is needed to be dangled in order to convince the Kamino cloner to assist the Empire. I think that would make more sense than using Crosshair as bait but we'll see.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, tonight's episode was another change of pace, but it looks like it is setting up where The Bad Batch will make their stand.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I liked this one, although I confess I don’t remember what the spat with Cid is about, nor where Phee came from. Pretty harrowing ecological disaster for that island. At least we got to catch our breath for half an episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I liked this one, although I confess I don’t remember what the spat with Cid is about, nor where Phee came from. Pretty harrowing ecological disaster for that island. At least we got to catch our breath for half an episode.
I think they were upset that Cid was going to let them stew for an unknown amount of time stranded without their ship. In the Wookieepeidia page for "Metamorphosis" it says, " Omega and Wrecker chastise Ciddarin Scaleback for not helping them after they lost their starship during a mission to acquire ipsium ... She ... warns them not to return without scavenging something. When Hunter asks why she should expect them to return, Cid warns them not to test her and to get the job done. Tech advises that severing ties with Cid will be complicated since she knows compromising information about them. Tech that they treat this as their last mission for Cid. Hunter explains that Cid only sent them coordinates for the lost ship without any ship transponder code or indication of what caused the ship to crash. Wrecker is surprised that Cid sent them limited intelligence while Omega questions whether scavenging wreckage will be hard."

Sometime in the 20 cycles that they have not been in touch with Cid, they met Phee again and got the job we saw at the beginning of the episode.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I love the Mandalorian and I think season 3 has been very good, but The Bad Batch is the best Star Wars on TV right now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The opening sequence to this week's episode was just amazing.

Some of my previous guess came true, but things turned out differently.
I was quite surprised that everything that had happened to Crosshair seemed to be a tipping point for him. He was not ready to cooperate at all and actually tried to warn his former squad.

During his attempted escape I was wondering whether they were going to use one of the Empire's tricks that we've seen before. Let him escape and see if he leads them to their target. Seeing how he is behaving I would think that would pay off more than other mind tricks. It could be that they end up doing that next episode, but based on what the scientist was saying, "the only way you leave is if I let you", I'm thinking he won't do that. Still, that could be a layer in the conditioning they will give Crosshair.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The opening sequence to this week's episode was just amazing.
Yeah, that was pretty impressive.

On a smaller level, I like that they have the 'good guy' clones generally using stun blasts rather than killing their brothers/former comrades. It gives them more humanity and makes them different than the clones or stormtroopers who are likely to just kill their enemies.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The season finale did not proceed as I expected, though it basically ended in one of the ways I expected.

I had expected Cid to betray them and tell the Empire that they were on Pabu and then we would have had a big confrontation there. It was surprising that it all played out quite differently and their plans were royally messed up by Saw Gerrera.

We are in cliffhanger city and I am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was fun
seeing Krennic return. It was a whole lot less fun seeing Tech's sacrifice.
we did not see a dead body. The odds seem to be low that Tech survived. Maybe he figured something out on the way down. No idea just what the terrain was like where he did land.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
we did not see a dead body. The odds seem to be low that Tech survived. Maybe he figured something out on the way down. No idea just what the terrain was like where he did land.
And they did have Hemlock say
how they only found Tech's goggles. I hate that Tech's dead but I hope they keep him dead rather than getting the emotion out of the scene and then taking it back next season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
What a terrific pair of episodes, and what a great season. This is a worthy successor to The Clone Wars, and that they pull it off without any prequel or OT characters is masterful. It’s also the only Star Wars that takes place in the immediate aftermath of Revenge of the Sith; everything else (Andor, Solo, Obi-Wan, Rebels) takes place 10-15 years after Episode III.

However, it’s kind of cruel to leave us with such an aching cliffhanger, especially when the next season is 18 months-2 years away.

Hoping an announcement is made at Star Wars Celebration next month.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
No word on season 3 at Celebration today? Tomorrow perhaps? Fingers crossed.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Three seasons doesn’t feel like enough. This feels like something that can go for at least 5 seasons. I know that’s completely arbitrary, but I really enjoy this and would like for it to be around longer.

Hope the final season is a good wrap-up. Maybe we’ll then start to see some of the surviving characters a few decades later in live action in the “Mandoverse” time period?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks