What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Do you need to watch the Clone Wars series before this show?
No. That’s like saying do you need to watch the prequels before the original trilogy. The Star Wars franchise covers many different time periods which are more or less independent from one another. The Clone Wars covers the time period between Episodes II and III and The Bad Batch is set after Episode III.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not really. The characters in this series were only in 4 episodes of The Clone Wars. I'd say watch the opener of The Bad Batch and if you dig it, you could go back and watch their Clone Wars episodes (the first 4 episodes of Season 7 of that show) for the sake of completeness.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Overall no as others have said but you would understand the characters and subplots better if you watched it and I am sure there will be many references to things that happened in the Clone Wars. That shouldn't keep anyone who hasn't seen Clone Wars from enjoying and understanding this show it will just be a little deeper show for those that did. I highly recommend the Clone Wars show. If you do decide to watch it stick with it. The 1st two seasons are pretty good but it gets really good starting with Season 3.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Related (and an example of what Randy notes above): Today's episode referenced a season 2 episode from Clone Wars.

The Deserter. Episode 10 of season two.

Further related: One of the "Bad Batch" characters/members is Echo. He was in ten episodes of Clone Wars, including the ones mentioned above from the start of season 7.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Caught up with this show over the weekend. It's really good. The latest one is notable for the appearance of
Captain Rex
which could be leading to showing the development of the Rebellion. My guess is at some point we see Bail Organa.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, in Friday the 25th's episode did we see
a proto-Snoke falling out of one of those vats
?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
?
I'm not sure. I thought so too, but it also looked to be a Kaminoan.

This show is killing it. The action is great, but they've also ramped up the intrigue. I love that we now know that Omega is
Boba Fett's full sister.
Makes me think we will see him in the show (and/or her
in his show
).

Very much enjoyed the return of Fennec and Cad Bane and the conflict between the two. I wonder
if this will continue on The Book of Boba Fett, since we know Fennec is a part of that and Cad Bane is heavily rumored to be. Also, could Boba Fett have saved Fennec in The Mandalorian because she saved his sister from Cad Bane and the Kaminoans who would have killed her?
Makes an interesting theory.

I think setting the show when they did, at the beginning of the Empire ("the Dark Times") is a great choice. It feels like the wild West out there, more so than in Clone Wars.

Lastly, I hope they're sending Clint Eastwood and Warner Bros. royalty checks for Cad Bane. I swear I even heard Ennio Morricone's familiar theme (which, of course, influenced the Mandalorian theme) at one point this episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
?
I could be wrong and I think it's supposed to be left open to interpretation but to me, it looked like a Kaminoan being cloned. That being said, any kind of cloning operation being run by the Republic/Empire seems very much like it would eventually feed into your idea too.

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's not expressly stated that the lifeforms in the green tanks were being cloned either so it's left deliberately vague as to what exactly she stumbled on to there.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Lastly, I hope they're sending Clint Eastwood and Warner Bros. royalty checks for Cad Bane. I swear I even heard Ennio Morricone's familiar theme (which, of course, influenced the Mandalorian theme) at one point this episode.

I think Lee Van Cleef's "Angel Eyes" is a bigger influence on Cad Bane's character than Eastwood's "Blondie" character, so maybe the royalty cheques should go to his estate.

Edit: Fixed misspelling Lee Van Cleef's last name.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
If this interview is still correct then Star Wars: The Bad Batch will consist of 16 episodes (in season 1). So, 6 more to go after today's release. The interview was from the time of the premiere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks