What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (2 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They released a commercial for the series:

It's cool to see Tarkin but I hope they can bring some of The Clone Wars, Rebels, and Rogue One characters into the mix too. Something tells me that I'll get my wish. :)

And I didn't notice it before but it looks like they're back to the 2.35 aspect ratio like The Clone Wars was in.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was a nice premiere. Looking forward to the second episode this Friday.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I’ll be watching this (and the second episode) Friday night.

Can’t wait!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The premiere was excellent. It kicks off with events from the end of Revenge of the Sith, so it looks like it is going to cover the early period between Sith and A New Hope, a period of time that hasn't been shown in Star Wars yet.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The premiere was excellent. It kicks off with events from the end of Revenge of the Sith, so it looks like it is going to cover the early period between Sith and A New Hope, a period of time that hasn't been shown in Star Wars yet.

Onscreen, technically, but there have already been some incredible stories produced which are set during the time-period that The Bad Batch will overlap with, including Charles Soule's Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith Marvel series (seriously, easily the greatest SW comics of the past 20 years), and the canon novels Tarkin, Ahsoka, and Lords of the Sith. Can't wait to see how this show dovetails with some of those stories coming up, here.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wasn't Star Wars Rebels was set between III and IV?
Yes, but as Josh points out, that's only a few years before Rogue One/A New Hope.

The Obi-Wan show is said to take place about 8 years after ROTS, and Solo took place 10 years after ROTS, so having a show at the beginning of this period between III and IV is new ground.

I’d like to read some of the sources Josh mentioned.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Also, Timothy Zahn’s initial Disney-canon Thrawn trilogy (Thrawn, Thrawn: Alliances, and Thrawn: Treason) are all mostly set in between the events of The Bad Batch and his appearances on Rebels, but the latest novel (Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising) actually seems to roughly overlap with the new animated series, in terms of the chronology.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This show feels like a really nice extension of The Clone Wars. The opening sequences were great and I expect this to be another excellent animated series from LFL.

Ohhh, I hate you Crosshair! *shakes fist* Though I imagine that his loyalty to the Empire will set up some nice drama for the life of the show.

For those that missed it, Jedi padawan Caleb Dume from the beginning of the episode goes into hiding and eventually grows up to be Kanan Jarrus.

I’d like to read some of the sources Josh mentioned.
I'll give another vote for that post-ROTS Darth Vader comic book series and it's probably the best SW comic to come from Marvel so far. There was also a good Vader series that took place between Star Wars and Empire. Currently, there's a Vader series that takes between Empire and Jedi and there's some wild shit in there where they're setting up things for The Rise Of Skywalker
(Vader meets Ochi of Bestoon and he goes to Exegol).

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As someone late to The Clone Wars, I really enjoyed this first chapter. Excellent!!! Eagerly awaiting the rest of this season.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Filoni is a Godsend for Disney's Star Wars content. The series he has been involved in are better than any of the last three SW theatrical releases and this show looks to be no exception.

Edit: I should add...and the people he has worked with have been....

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I loved it! Revenge of the Sith is my favorite Star Wars thing so this (and the Clone Wars finale) were particularly sweet because they fill in a lot of great detail on my favorite Star Wars era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks