What's new

The Bad and the Beautiful on 2/5? (1 Viewer)

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
Was The Bad and the Beautiful released on February 5? I have not seen it at a brick-and-mortar nor seen any online reviews for it. Did anyone receive this from a pre-order? Just wondering.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I live in Tustin, California, and I picked up my copy at a local 'Tower Records' last night.

I was happy to see the following added feature: a documentary about Lana Turner, hosted by her daughter, which originally aired on Turner Classic Movies.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Thanks for the heads up guys ! This release totally went un-noticed on my radar... There goes another $20 :frowning:
Vincent

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I got this in the mail on Monday, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I managed to skim through the disc though and the transfer looks pristine. Does anyone know if this title also got the Lowry treatment (digital restoration by Lowry Digital Images) ?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I didn't even know this one was on the schedule.

Did Warner release any other catalogue titles on that date?

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Rain, yes, Warner also released 'Designing Woman', with Gregory Peck and Lauren Bacall (directed by Vincente Minelli).

The DVD includes a mini-documentary about the film as an added feature.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
I got my copy of THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL this afternoon, and it is a great presentation. The film looks terrific, and there is also a 90 minute documentary on side two from Turner Classic Movies about Lana Turner. There are also a bunch of music recording session excerpts, as Warner did on NOW, VOYAGER. Overall, an impressive release! Highly recommended.

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine at Best Buy for $14.99 on Wednesday. I would check there before spending too much, just a thought.
It's a wonderful package...I must say that I always have felt as though Warner does nice editions of most of their classics. The spines are always cool and the covers are nice to gaze at, as well. It'll look nice next to The Big Sleep on my shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks