The back of Simpsons season 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean Kousoulas, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

When I bought the DVD set, there was a piece of paper attached to the box, which listed all the special features and such. Since this would wear out over time, I decided to just take it off. It left this long sticky substance that I don't know how to take off. Any ideas?

Dean

2. Tom Rhea

Tom Rhea Second Unit

If it's the same sticky stuff that was on the back of mine, you can just rub it off. It didn't hurt the packaging at all, and I've done the same thing to several other box sets as well (including the first Simpsons season).

3. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Have you tried just to rub it off? Mine had the sticky stuff that was kinda thick but it was slightly stickier than post-it notes and it peeled right off like a big ol glob of.... well in my case it was easy to peel off. In the case of the Godfather set the sticky crap on the back wouldn't come off and I had to use Goo Gone Brand Sticker Lifter. It comes in a little 2 ox bottle and a plastic scraper. It worked great and didn't damage the finish of the Godfather box.

--Ian

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    It just pulls off in one string and makes a good fake booger to play with your kids with. [​IMG]

5. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

Mine didn't come off so easy and took a bit of the cover with it.[​IMG]

6. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

Jacob... yeah, I got REAL glue with mine too... not that "booger" glue which is much prefered. I didn't take the paper off it or my Speed: Box set because it was starting to tear both the paper and the box [​IMG]
    Chris.

7. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

I didn't either at first but the sheet was getting all crumpled and worn so I took it off.