What's new

The Bachelorette 2 - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, the new Bachelorette is Meredith Phillips.

The premiere was on last night, and while Meredith definitely shows more personality than she did on the Bachelor Bob edition, the show is getting stale. She did get lucky in not getting selected by Bob from last season, though. She's got much better candidates to choose from.

I did enjoy watching Jeff (the guy with the high self esteem and hair that needed a scrunchie) get snubbed. I was surprised at some of the guys that Meredith kept and dismissed.

The white rose is sort of lame (it's like a neon sign telling the recipient that they are the shiznit).

BTW, thead-crapping posts will be removed.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I liked the blond guy from New York (investment banker). He seemed overall to be the best catch, although somewhat humorless.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was funny when one of the guys (Robert?) didn't realize he was being called out to receive a rose.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
It was clear that some of these guys had a struggle making these nicely tailored suites "their own." Kind of like some guy on the Jerry Springer Show explain why he thinks it is a good idea to take as his wife his 14 year old cousin Bessie whom he has impregnated and then decided to do the right thing and marry her.

Meridith looked stunning in her outfit and you can tell that it is not out of character for her to handle nice clothing and jewlery. At thirty, she does still sound a bit like a 16 year old. "Do I think I can find a nice guy duh?

I thought Favio, err Keith might get the white rose. I guess she must have had an opportunity to talk with him and learn that he was enough of a gift for any woman.

I still think Kelly-Jo would have made a hot Bachelorette. I also think she would have used the single suite with more than one guy.

Where did all the jocks come from? The one dude can't be a true hockey player - he has all his chicklets. A 26 year old minor league baseball player? If you ain't in the majors they pay these guys $2,000 a month and put them up in the home of a family for the season.

One guy likes to hunt, hang with his brothers and drink beer. Maybe he is so unlike the guys Meridith has hung with before. They can set up a his/hers duck blind.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Meredith sent home 2 jocks, but kept the self-proclaimed Metrosexual. Overall, pretty lackluster episode.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree - nothing big happened, nothing shocking. It does look like things might get interesting next week with one of the guys upset over getting the boot (although that could be good ol' promo editing).

On another note, looks like Jesse Palmer the Giants backup QB is slated to be the next bachelor.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16390.htm

Hope he performs better on the show than he did on the field this year!!

(Admin note - Bachelor 5 discussion goes here. Thanks)

DeeF

Screenwriter
The obvious choice here seems to be Ian. He's very good looking, has plenty of money, and few "issues."

Although I have now heard a fairly substantial rumor, that two of these boys are gay (or at least bi-), and at one time were a couple, and one of them makes it to the last 2.

Anybody care to comment?

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Meredith is not generating a lot of interest owing to the date of the last thread. As my wife watches I sometimes will just listen. It is often revealing of how well people speak and can express themselves. Meredith is attractive and all, but as the show progresses she starts to show she is a little shallow and has a hard time being assertive. She blames herself for not opening up with Bob, and in her second rose ceremony she whines and get to keep one extra guy.

The visit to Lanny's family is revealing. Meredith was flat out intimidated by the whole ranch, strong willed mom, etc. I'm sure there would be some comments here about the mom making the point of how Meredith would have to be be there for her husband, which is interesting because his mother was very strong willed and I am sure was no door mat. It was so obvious that she couldn't handle the prospect of this family that she dispatched him at the rose ceremony and kept two other guys that she will quickly dump over the next week. The unemployed bachelor and the shy guy that couldn't even bring her to see the family.

Every episode convinces me that Kelly-Jo would have been a much more interesting choice.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
It's down to three bachelors: Ian, Chad, and Matt. I think Chad will be booted out next. It'll be between Ian and Matt competing for Meredith's heart.

DeeF

Screenwriter
As I said in my very first post in this thread, Ian is still the one to beat. He is the best-looking of all the 25 original suitors. He obviously has money, and knows how to use it. He is a tad...humorless, but completely sexy and lovable. I predicted Ian then, and I predict him now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh when Meredith found out that Chad was unemployed and then booted him last night. :D

Matt reminds me too much of Bob, just without the nasty greasy hair.

I think she wants Matt, but Iain's moneyroll might be too tempting not to go for it.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. So Chad is gone and it's down to Matt and Ian. I think even though Matt is ready to commit, Meredith will pick Ian over Matt. Because like Ian, Meredith is not ready to commit yet. So she will pick Ian at the end.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I'm rooting for Ian. But part of me says Meredith will choose Matthew. I never thought I would watch the Bachlorette but Meredith is from my hometown and even went to my rival high school.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I knew she'd go for the money man, Iain.

Poor Matthew, he had no idea.

I give Iain 5 years before his hair line recedes alot. Meredith dwarfs him when they hug.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Well, it seemed like she did have a connection with Ian but she is too wishy-washy and unable to make a commitment. She really led Matt right to the buzzsaw by telling him that "after meeting you, I would be happy for this thing to end with a ring" and how she wished she could tell him how she felt over and over. What else could he have thought she meant. If you like the other guy or even think you might, just don;t say anything. All in all, I think he really handled it with class. I think I might have stormed off or at least mentioned all the things she said. Plus, I'm not sure if ABC makes her draw out her speech but she kept him hanging for quite a while.

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I don't know how that guy did it. He took it like a champ last night. She said so many blatantly serious things to him that it was like a slap in the face when she didn't choose him. I really thought she went to far with sharing her feelings with him and then not choosing him. It makes it look like she really loved both of them and then simply chose one at the end.

Thats my problem with this show. It's like your setup to hurt somebody really bad and it just seems cruel. :thumbsdown:

Dan

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Well, props to DeeF for predicting this waaaay back when there were LOTS of choices.

Did anyone else catch, or was it mentioned, that Matthew had once modeled for Abercrombie & Fitch? I was just looking through items that need to be tossed and found at least one image of Matthew in a group shot for A&F.

All in all, I have to say while I think Meredith probably thought she'd never find guys as great as Matthew or Ian, in the back of my head I kept thinking,
"Are we supposed to believe that her love for one
of these guys is so profound and intense that
she can be so smoochy with both of them?"

Now, I have never watched any of the Bachelor/Bachelorette showe before,
but like another poster, I watched
in part because she's our hometown girl.
(I also blame my sister for getting me
hooked when I was over at her while she watched
the show several weeks ago.)

I have heard that Bob was quite the kisser
with lots of the girls.
(Man, I am sorry, but as side note,
Bob's face is just freakish...who finds him attractive? Yesh!)

I just find it funny that so many people
would whore themselves out on an emotional level
for this...It seems like the
prospective partners will not progress if they
do not open up and make themselves
emotionally vulnerable while the
television audience watches.

(Hitchcock would've loved the mix of romance,
masochism, and voyerism this show offers.)

Back to more relevant thoughts...

As torn as Meredith seemed, I felt the show
justified emotional dishonesty, even if no one
with any integrity (under "normal" circumstances)
would dare date two people at the same time
with such a level of itensity unless they were
openly polyamorous.

I actually thought "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance"
was on a higher moral plane when all is said
and done and no more sadistic, just more
honest about it.

I am sure Matthew has lots of girls (and boys) offering to do anything to cheer him up.
(Did ya'll catch all those shots of him getting
out of the shower! DAMN!)
;)

Mark

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Listening to all the lovey-doveyness last night, stuff like (paraphrased), "I'll never leave your side," or, "I know we'll last forever," makes the 1% romantic in me hope it works out and the 99% cynic in me roll my eyes and want to die.

I have one question about Ian. I watched the show but missed a few of the middle ones. Why does he have Big Money, as previous posters alluded to, and how did he get it?

Also, the post-show newscast had an EXCLUSIVE Meredith interview where she said she'd never have her wedding on TV. Not even for a Ryan & Trista payoff? Riiiiight. Damn! There's that 99% cynic again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks