1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The "baby" is home. SVS.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Keith Hyde, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Keith Hyde

Keith Hyde Stunt Coordinator

Got my PB2+ on Friday.

I barely left the house all weekend.

I am listening to all my music again, for the first time it seems, discovering things I've never heard before.

I'm renting a lot of LFE movies, hearing and feeling things I've never sensed before. Das Boot. Whoa...

I'm rattling things I never thought would rattle before. A problem I'm now happy to work through.

I'm giving Avia a good workout. My SPL meter may need a new battery soon.

My sub purchase was just one small step for SVS, but my giant leap in the HT/Audiophile experience.

And I have entered the realm of which there can be no return...

Props to SVS! A wonderful product.

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Did you own any sub before this one? If so what?

3. Keith Hyde

No, this is my first foray. And probably my only and last by the sounds of it.

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Nice choice Keith, kudos on the sub! I also recently got my first SVS, couldn't believe that everyhing people said was true (and more.) What a great addition that thing is.

5. Keith Hyde

I spent 5 hours straight listening to choice tracks of music last night. Played with crossovers, big/small speaker setup, m/sub bass out, port tuning, phase, gain, hunted rattles, etc. Bass plucks on Miles Davis, rap-style lows of Tribe and Wyclef, strolling bass of Mayfield and Sinatra, folky bass of Neil Young, techno bass of Brazillia and LCD Soundsystem, records, CD's... Heaven. Went outside - glad I have well insulated walls because I don't want to be a bother and I can't quit listening to my new setup. Watchout for ocassional weekday afternoons though... One said the PB2+ would be a cornerstone piece. Most definitely.

My mission with the SVS was largely to reproduce any lowest of low signals on any media with accuracy. If its on there, darn it, I want to HEAR it. Mission most definitely accomplished.

LFE is forever out of my crosshairs. My + has my complete confidence in meeting the needs of anything I will ever be able to throw at it. Time to buy stock in SVS.

Now I'm on to mains. Hopefully next year.