What's new

The average movie patron does not know what??....... (1 Viewer)

Eric T

Second Unit
It is only fair to the people who toiled, and I do mean toiled to make a film that I watch the closing credits.
Fair? I figure paying $7.50 is fair enough, and if you want to read the credits, fine, and if you don't, that's OK too. They do get paid to make those movies, it's not like they're sacrificing their Saturdays off work to entertain us out of the goodness of their hearts.

I never read the credits, unless there is a song in the soundtrack or a certain actor I'm looking for. But I couldn't care less who was the Key Grip or the Assistant to Mr. Affleck.

BTW, who ARE the shiny people at the end of A.I.? Something more than just advanced alien beings? I must have missed that thread.

Eric T

Second Unit
Wow cool.
So they must be descendents of David's "race" of robots. That would explain why they loved him so much.

I'm gonna have to watch it again :)

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
.....laser pointers are not cool....
Every time I see one in the theater I call the main desk. Sometimes they catch the guy, sometimes not. I wish security would point it in their eyes for their punishment.:angry:

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Malcolm R - Don't you think the mass majority of people should be more mature and polite though? We all know that the person at the register didn't make the price, so why even bother complaining to him? Do you really think it will make a difference, like this is his first time hearing it? We get it from 95% of customers, it gets old to say the least.
John Thomas - I appreciate that you put me in that category of a rude usher that drools all over himself. :rolleyes:This exactly what I'm talking about, the respect for us there is crap. Now, I don't know the instance, maybe they desearved it so I'm not gonna go any further because I wasn't there.
I think it's safe to say that everybody at my theater that is an usher is very polite to people. The managers don't even like us going into the theater until we see people leave and we are not supposed to clean the theater until every single person leaves. I've had people call me a fvcking idiot before because by policy we can't let children under 6 into a rated 'R' movie. I just wish people would give more respect. Everytime I go any place I alwyas say my please & thank yous. You wouldn't believe how much better that makes my day go by--it really does. Knowing somebody appreciates what you are doing and not just acting like we're their personal slave...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't you think the mass majority of people should be more mature and polite though? We all know that the person at the register didn't make the price, so why even bother complaining to him?
They should, but it's an unfortunate fact of retail/food service that whoever interfaces with the customers also receives most of the complaints, as well, even though they're generally not responsible for the issue the person is complaining about.
  • Bank tellers about banking fees and crap interest rates.
  • Delivery truck drivers about the price of gas/oil/coal.
  • Waiters/waitresses about menu selections, prices, and portion size.
  • Cashiers about items that scan at higher prices than sale/shelf price.
  • Concession counter employees about theater food prices.
  • Video rental clerks about lack of widescreen DVD's.
  • etc., etc., ......
If you work face-to-face with the public, you're going to get an earful. That's just the way most people are.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
- that Tarantino cannot act, no matter how great a Director he is.
Well, No. 1, they are not aliens for one thing so let me clear that up right now. This is like the confusion in Private Ryan when people thought that the person who killed Adam Goldberg’s character was the same individual, the same German, that they let go earlier when in fact it wasn’t so, so there is a little confusion here. They are not aliens but state of the art artificial intelligence, robots at the point of perfection. They have created themselves and continue to procreate without mankind on the face of the planet. Now had Stanley directed it, would you still have thought they were aliens?
The last sentence from Spielberg I just love ;)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
...that shooting ice through a straw into the back of someone's head is NOT funny(that happened to me!)
...the movie theater is not a playground for your children to run up and down the stairs!(saw that too!)
...TO TAKE YOUR CHILD OUT OF THE THEATER WHEN IT STARTS TO CRY...ESPECIALLY DURING AN INTENSE "R" RATED MOVIE! For Pete's sake, when you bring a 3 year old into a theater showing "Black Hawk Down" in LOUD Dolby Digital, with gunshots and people yelling and screaming, what did you think your child would do, you moron!!!!!!Your kid doesn't understand what's going on! Please leave! not only are you scaring the crap out of your child, but your annoying the AUDIENCE!(sorry, I'm venting...) :D
... If you haven't seen the first one, don't go to the sequel and ask 30 questions during the movie(who's he?)

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
I stayed for the entire credits and after, told the two goons to be quiet next time and not disturb the patrons. They simply stood their, drooling and dragging their knuckles across the floor. Way to go John.

When I pay for a movie and I want to stay for the end credits then I will. If it is a film that I enjoyed the music that plays with the credits sets a mood in its own right.

nousername

Supporting Actor
...that the average screen size today is much, much smaller than it was, say, 40 to 50 years ago. This is due to the advent of the dreaded multiplex theater.
...that the original opening crawl of Star Wars did not say "Episode IV: A New Hope" back in 1977. This was added later, despite some people's selective memories.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
... that screaming "Star Wars rulez" during a screening of films not relating to wars in space, or those relating to wars in space for that matter is a) not funny and b) does NOT make you look cool.
... that the posters, signs and filmed adverts suggesting that patrons of the movie theater SWITCH OFF!!! their mobile phones, are NOT taking the piss!

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Michael... God bless your sacred heart. :cool:
QUOTE:
" . . . that there are dozens of interesting films released in theaters every year that aren't supported by multi-million dollar marketing campaigns but are well worth seeking out."
". . . that, even right now, there are films out there worth seeing and talking about that are not Spider-Man or Star Wars."

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
...watching movies on the big screen in a theatre is a privilege not a right.
I used to work at Sony Lincoln Square in NYC and I agree with the other theater workers above. There is no point in yelling at the lowly consessions worker or the person working the floor. That will get you no where except some bad karma added to your tally.
On another note, I stayed through the credits for Fast and the Furious because I knew there was another scene. Well not at my theatre. :angry:
...some of us do like to see the last five minutes of a movie even if all they are doing is rapping up the story and showing a few more scenary shots. This isn't the time to get up and look around and talk to your friends about the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks