What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
As one of the most decorated soldiers of any member of the American armed forces who served during WWII, Audie Murphy took an unlikely path to Hollywood. First signed by James Cagney’s independent film company shortly after the war – but not debuting until 1948, at that point he was no longer associated with Cagney – it wouldn’t be until his performance in John Huston’s adaptation of The Red Badge of Courage (1951) that helped to really put him on the map. However, much of his career was spent at Universal-International, where he made a name for himself in several westerns; three of them – The Duel at Silver Creek, Ride a Crooked Trail and No Name on the Bullet – are presented here by Kino Lorber in this collection for the first time on Blu-ray.

No Name on the Bullet (1959)

Released: 01 Feb 1959
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 77 min

Director: Jack Arnold
Genre: Action, Drama...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Hmmm. I have all these films on adequate DVDs and your review doesn't suggest these Blu-ray discs are a big upgrade. I'll have another viewing of my DVDs before deciding.

Thanks for the review, anyway.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmmm. I have all these films on adequate DVDs and your review doesn't suggest these Blu-ray discs are a big upgrade. I'll have another viewing of my DVDs before deciding.

Thanks for the review, anyway.
I read the same review and came away with a different interpretation. I watched all of those movies in their entirety on BD, when this box was first released back in August and thought they look quite a bit better than the DVDs they replaced. Anyhow, that's my take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks