The Army of Darkness Bootleg vs. Director's Cut question... again.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_W, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Well, now that the Bootleg edition is out, who here owns the Director's cut and still bought the Bootleg edition? Was it worth buying even though you had the Director's cut?

I want to know from these people before I buy a third copy of Army of Darkness (just because I love the movie).

2. Richard_Huntington

Richard_Huntington Stunt Coordinator

There is no reason to buy this if you already own the director's cut. Nothing new is presented, other than a fancy new name and packaging.

3. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

The Bootleg disc is *exactly* the same disc as the Director's Cut disc released last year, and *exactly* the same disc as the 2nd disc of the long-OOP 2 disc set of Army of Darkness.

Brad, Please don't waste your time.. or your money. (although I love AoD too.)

4. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Brad,
    Speaking of AOD, I saw the COOLEST AOD lunchbox at the Suncoast that is in Lakeview Square mall (and Woodland Mall in GR.) It is metal with artwork on all sides including the thermos inside! They also had an Evil Dead lunchbox that I was tempted to pick up.
    Instead of buying them I added them to my Christmas list. [​IMG]
    BTW: Anchor Bay will probably repackage this disc 20 more times, so if you are going to buy it again at least wait for a better cover. [​IMG]

5. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Well, I didn't buy it tonight. Instead I bought Bad Taste LE, Apocalypse Now Redux, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture DC.

I don't really like Star Trek that much, but the DC version sounded so cool.

I WANT that lunch box.