What's new

The Aristocrats, a doc on the worlds dirtiest joke (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
I just saw this and loved it ! Hope there is a DVD.
My favorite versions were (In no real order) Carlin, Sagat, Gottfried and Martin Mull's variation.

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
I found this movie appalling in every respect. I subscribe to the Bill Cosby School of good clean hummer. Something you could tell your intern if you know what I mean. Not something lewd and disgusting as fondling your daughter and f*%king your grandmother in the ass. Eating, slurping and sliding in sh*it isn’t funny it’s disgusting. What happen to Mr. Roger’s and Sesame Street? Are you people crazy? It is amazing to see the little Satan’s laughing it up to this putrid. I’ll stick to my Little House on the Prairie DVD’s thank you. The sad fact of the story is that this inside joke told by these comedians’ shows that their backstage acts are as bad as they’re on stage acts. People bitch about rap music and its disgusting lyrics but when a bunch of mostly white comedians start talking like the most filthy rappers ever created everyone thinks its a great statement for free speech and a wonderful display of improvisation. Go ahead and put this DVD on for your kids and your neighbor’s kids you freak. I’d like to see a movement to pull this movie from theaters and burn it on the steps of George Bush’s vacation ranch as a testament to the strength of our Home Land Security. God Bless films like Saints and Soldiers and Footloose. I may go on a hunger strike during my next viewing.

Watch at your own risk and don’t bring your mother, father or kids unless you’re an aristocrat.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

David,
I can see you're confused and I blame the press for carrying on this charade. Bush does not have a ranch. It's a farm. "Ranch" just sounds more, well you know....and when you're from Connecticut you need more of, well, you know. ;)

RafaelB

Second Unit
Dave-

If you're so offended, then why did you go see this movie?

Did the Posters & Advertisements with all the warnings about language and lewd subject matter and the fact that no-one under 18 is to be admitted make you think this was a family feature?

I'm not trying to badmouth you, but I am honestly curious.

Rafael.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I would agree. There's nothing misleading about the film at all. If you're offended by regular 'blue' comedy, why would you go see a film about the dirtiest joke in the world?

I found it very, very funny and the way that it exposed some concepts of comedy and the impact of delivery is amazing.

Also, this page might count as a spoiler. It's a quantitative summary of the objectionable material in the movie, linked from the official site. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
His post was so confounding I wondered if he was trying to be funny with those kinds of statements. I kind of hope so...

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yes, in retrospect, I think it's just some sarcastic humor that is easily misinterpreted. I'm still not sure, but I'd rather think it is rather than think it's sincere. :)

Elizabeth_S

Agent
I've heard very mixed reviews on this one, but i have enjoyed reading all of your posts. i might try to check it out (i like that kind of humor sometimes).

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

Dave despite the subject of the film, this still probably isn't the right thread for discussing how you like your hummers.

But what did you think you were going to see?

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
This was very, very funny. I saw it in the theater with about 10 other people, and just the few of us managed to fill the whole place with histerical laughter.

For my money, Carlin and Saget are tied. Both were hilarious. The South Park part was a real treat, and Sarah Silverman certainly caught my attention.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I agree with some of what Kyle wrote, especially on the point that there is too much repetition on what the comics have to say about the joke itself. Like most here, I had a lot of big laughs, but I was expecting more renditions of the joke or performances. Bill Connolly, for example, appears throughout the movie, but doesn't get a chance to do his own version. The one not yet mentioned that I found hilarious was Whoopie Goldberg's.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor

I'm reminded of Eddie Murphy's comments about Bill Cosby's opinion of Murphy's humor in the 80s.

To recollect, Murphy heard from Cosby that the material wasn't funny. So Murphy calls Richard Pryor to find out his opinon on Cosby's opinion. Pryor's response is really perfect and sums up all that needs to be said.

Pryor: "Do the people laugh when you tell your jokes?"
Murphy: "Yes."
Pryor: "And do they pay you?"
Murphy: "Yes."
Pryor: "Then tell Bill to have a Coke and a smile and shut the @#ck up!"

There's room in the world for church humor, and there's room for sailor back room humor, and everything in between the two, and everything past the two on either end.

Laugh at what you laugh at. If you don't laugh, don't go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks