What's new

THE APRIL FOOLS (1969)/Jack Lemmon (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
One of the few Jack Lemmon films not out on dvd or blu . Now it would be nice for Alex and the Gypsy to get released .

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

Attachments

• 300994_2636359636589_1960498919_n.jpg
    300994_2636359636589_1960498919_n.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 300994_2636359636589_1960498919_n.jpg
    300994_2636359636589_1960498919_n.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 48

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This is great news! APRIL FOOLS is an underrated romance and I suspected it would show up in region 2 rather than region 1 but I can mark off another title off my wish list!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark Edward Heuck said:
Nice to see CBS take a tentative step forward with catalog titles again. Perhaps if these do well we could finally see DARKER THAN AMBER and SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE emerge from cold storage.
Would like to see SOMETHING FIE EVERYONE. This should be out.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
2 other National General films via Paramount are making their DVD debut on January 28th in addition to April Fools. DVD Empire lists The War Between Men And Women with Jack Lemmon and Who Is Harry Kellerman with Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Harris (who got an Oscar nomination for her work here) as coming out the same day.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Awesome is right, 2 more excellent films I will purchase. Among other reasons, there's Barbara Harris, who was so charming and affectng n Hitchcock's Family Plot.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
There are a horde of fans on this Forum awaiting the release of the restored "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" on bluray this month (including me), but would like to give a plug for this beautiful comedy coming out on dvd around the same time, for the first time in its original widescreen aspect ratio on home video.

Many people who saw this when it first came out never forgot it and it will be interesting to see how it plays in 2014 -- I think it would be a perfect movie for Valentines Day and is probably the most foolproof 'date movie' ever made. Both Jack Lemmon and Catherine Deneuve were never better -- one can only hope a bluray release will happen.....in this millenium.....

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The three Center Cinema films, THE APRIL FOOLS. THE WAR BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN and WHO IS HARRY KELERMAN are great transfer and excellent. It would have been better if they were Blu-ray. But I am very happy with what we got. They did a great job and the first two are a must for any Jack Lemon fan.

RLane777

Agent
Real Name
Rick
ahollis said:
The three Center Cinema films, THE APRIL FOOLS. THE WAR BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN and WHO IS HARRY KELERMAN are great transfer and excellent. It would have been better if they were Blu-ray. But I am very happy with what we got. They did a great job and the first two are a must for any Jack Lemon fan.
Thanks for the info, I'll get a copy of April Fools soon.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Really happy to see The Revengers coming . Never seen it but would really like too .

Watched Both April Fools and War Between Men and Women . Had not seen either film before . I really liked both . I'm not a big Deneuve fan , but I really liked her in April Fools . I thought Robards and Harris were very good in War also . Lemmon is always good. Both films looked pretty good . Now I need to watch Harry Kellerman . Haven't seen this one before either .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks