What's new

The Apprentice season 4 (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've done it a few times, plus they have on Seinfeld. :D

That was just hilarious. I'm going with Hunter up there, I bet NBC wanted a shorter season.

Next weeks ep looks interesting.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

You know, I thought the same thing at first, but then I thought that all of these episodes are in the can already, no? They're not filming them week by week are they?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I kind of doubt it. Why would NBC want a shorter season of a show that is a hit for them and probably costs them very little to produce?

Besides, the quadruple firing couldn't have been planned out ahead of time. What if the team that lost last night only lost by something like 5% - 10%? It's a loss, but not so huge as to warrant Trump firing four people.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Great episode!

As soon as they announced the task, I thought "Golf!" It's the only sport I can think of where there is a large, fairly well off customer base that constantly updates the equipment, and an easy one to create a sales atmosphere around (I've been to a few similar events myself :)).

The only other "sport" I could think of as using would be workout/exercise, with lots of expensive and constantly evolving products flooding the market. Should have been fairly easy to create a sales event around that, although an overall theme with constructed sets might have taken a while to crate a concept around.

But any team sport is hard to pull off... and their focus on the clinic aspect of it, rather than equipment, was disastrous from the beginning. I was very surprised that sales went DOWN from the average level though... I do think that an event like that could be good for a long term increase in the customer base.

Jen was an embarrassment in the boardroom, spouting half-truths and whole-lies. She does not have the skills to match her confidence, for sure.

I hadn't seen any promos, so I was shocked when all 4 were fired! But I really didn't mind, they did a disastrous job in the task, and why not? :D

What the hell was Chewie doing in the promo for next week??

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon

On the Nov. 10th episode, the candidates will be promoting the Revenge of the Sith DVD and Battlefront II. Chewie's appearance in the promo was just a cute way of advertising the episode a little early. Anything to do with Star Wars is a huge selling point, and the upcoming episode is actually what got me started watching the show this season.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Anybody think the reason for the mass firings was to bring the boy/girl ratio to an even level? Nothing to back it up on my end, just a thought as the women took a hit with all the tasks they lost along the way.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Adam really pissed me off. He said at least twice on stage that he was the "nice, Jewish boy from Atlanta". But when Clay says "And remember, he is the shy-type Jewish boy", he gets totally bent out of shape about it.

And then he somehow transformed that comment into "tight-ass Jew", and claimed it was a play on the stereotype that Jews are cheap!

Clay's presentation was a bit awkward, but let's be honest, if you're talking about sex, there'll be a few of those moments. IMO, the whole topic was wrong to begin with, and the class seemed like a disaster.

Glad to see that waste of space Marcus gone. Does he come from money? He must, because he certainly doesn't seem to have any talent himself. Just endless, meningless, pointless talk (and Carolyn was dead on with the "cover your ass" comment). It was funny how he just kept rambling to Trump in the end. :)

Randall looks like a winner. The bits with him in the presentation were very good.

It was funny to see that previous winner in the beginning (argh, blanking on his name)... he looked awkward as hell. Stood with his arms hanging down, and like he had a clotheshanger still in his jacket. He seemed more like he was being punished than being rewarded. "Are you learning? Are you having fun?" "I'm learning."... :D

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
What did any of this have to do with managing a business (tonight's ep)?

The whole episode tonight was just ridiculous :frowning:

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I agree that the whole "remember he's a Jew" comment was completely distorted, but Clay did seem to enjoy the "put a hand on my ass" story a bit too much.

I knew it was going to come down to Marcus and Clay (who didn't?) and was glad to see Marcus get the boot. But man is Clay ever a little bitch! Did you hear him as the elevator doors closed? "Don't talk to me!" to Adam, and then the storming into the room. No way in hell he will be in the final two to four contestants here.

I'm hoping Randall will go all the way. He seems intelligent, well spoken and just an all around good guy to work with/for.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Randall is clearly it this year.

The only way he is not, is to add some ratings by building him up as the hero and having him fall at the right time (sweeps. Anytime someone on a reality show looks like winner, I become suspicious what happened in the edting booth months ago as a story line was formed and characters were established (the whinner, the smart one, etc.).

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I deleted this off of TiVo but if I recall, it was not that distorted. Before the comment was made, Adam was talking about taking someone out for dinner and having to pay for the dinner. That is when Clay decided to interject, "Remember, folks, he is the tight Jewish boy from Atlanta." And yes, he did use the word "tight."

IMO, Trump could have fired another three people last night because it's obvious that none of them are going to win.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It's about time they got rid of Markus- I don't think he ever contributed much of anything to any of the projects.

I thought Clay was going to get axed for the comments- I could picture Trump saying he showed poor judgment & wasn't fit to work for the Donald. And the scores were so close that it would only take a few offended people's scores to make that team lose.

I don't think Clay meant to be so offensive, but I can see why Adam took it that way. It's one thing to say certain things about yourself, vs. saying them about someone else.

Is this the first episode that he mentioned he's gay? Must be some new record for not revealing that sooner.

What did this have to do with business? A lot- creativity in choosing a course topic, working under pressure (you try creating a class from scratch that fast!), presentation & speaking skills, just to name a few. I was a little surprised that part of the task was not selling tickets to the class, but I think they had enough work to do.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I think he said it in the very first episode. But either he or the editors didn't make a big deal out of it. I'm guessing the editors. ;)

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I liked how Trump was a bit put off by Clay being gay, but then made some awkward metaphor to try to show he was ok with it. It was something about how some people like marinara and some don't- thats why there are different things on the menu.

Hahahahaha

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
He said "some people like steak and some people like spaghetti"

If he wanted to do to right he should've said "some people like meat and some people like fish" ;)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Yes, he didnt mean to offend but if the goal of the project is to get high scores from the audience then you should be as vanilla as possible, imo. That was not a time to push social boundries. Go to a comedy club afterwards if you want to tell gay and Jewish jokes.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, closed captioning said "shy type". I honestly think NBC on the recap just said "shy, tight" to keep the continuity of this storyline going. I will listen again tonight and hear for sure.

It's not the first time on this show that someone has misheard what someone else said, and the producers decide to run with the misinterpretation because it creates more drama.

Odd comments from both guys. :D Adam was in over his head in this presentation, and Clay was so eager to do a few "I'm gay and I'm proud" jokes.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Did everyone else catch Marcus playing with the yo-yo at the presentation? That guy was a mess. I have to admit that it's pretty fun listening to the guy talk. He can speak for ten minutes, but not really say anything.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just listened to it again now, and it does indeed sound like "tight", I was wrong before (along with the closed captioning guy :)). I can see why it would be considered more offensive then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks