What's new

The Apprentice - 8/24 (1 Viewer)

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
TVShowsOnDVD has some details of the just-announced box set from Universal of the complete first season of The Apprentice. The 5-disc set will list for $59.98, is full frame (OAR), and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

Bonus feature include:
* New interviews with Trump and the contestants
* Unaired footage from the fired contestants' taxi rides
* Job advice from George and Carolyn
* Audition tapes
* Deleted Scenes
* A sneak peek at Season 2

The box art lists the titles of some of the Bonus Features:
* "The Job Description: Creating The Apprentice"
* "The Candidates"
* "The Boss: Donald Trump on The Apprentice"
* "The Board of Directors"
* "From 16 to One: Narrowing the Field"
* "The Job Offer"
* "The Future: A Look Ahead"

The box will also talk. Upon opening the lid, you'll see a picture of Trump sitting at his desk and hear a voice clip of him saying, "You're Fired!"

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1622

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Are you kidding me? This season isn't even OVER yet and you're asking about a DVD release? Nothing is going to be announced until AFTER the finale.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
since these shows have zero syndication opportunity- expect a very quick air to DVD window-- especially after the first one was a cash cow (where as with season one they didn't know it was a hit till half way through-- with season 2 they could be prepping DVD plans before it even started airing!).

And with a "third season" of Apprentice already underway and being filmed currently for, i assume, air early 2005--- I'd bet dollars to donuts that Season 2 will be on DVD before season 3 starts.

Season one ran January 8-April 15, 2004, with a dvd release on August 24, 2004 (Two weeks before the 09/09/2004 premiere of season two)...

With that logic, season 2 will end December 16th and the DVD will be released anytime between then and April. Although, I think the 3rd season will start early in 2005 (and if they mirror the dates of sea 1, it will be starting by mid jan), so I wouldn't be surprised to see DVDs shortly after christmas even...

-V

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

IIRC, the first season set was announced during the first season run. Same with Survivor All Stars.

I'm sure it will be released, but I'm anxious. :)

Arnold Y

Grip
Heh, i'll be patiently waiting for the 2nd Season to be released on DVD. I never got to see Bradford's act of idiocy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Trump's act of idiocy, if you act me. That was a stupid reason to get rid of a strong performer, in my opinion.

Sorry, I couldn't let that go. We now return this thread to the normal DVD-related topic! :D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Vince, don't forget the finale episode is live, so they can't get it out THAT soon after airing.

Gord

EmmaWoodruff

Auditioning
It would be pretty cool to see all that extra footage. What I'd really like to see is more of the boardroom!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

I think, of the 3 hours of the episode, only the final announcement was live. I didn't see it- but that was my impression.

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks