What's new

The Apprentice 6: Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I usually DVR the apprentice while watching Rome. This week I forgot to set the DVR and I didn't even care that I missed it.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
And the funny thing about that is that Trump's still telling everyone his show is GREAT and the ratings are GREAT. Everything's great according to that guy. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
why would they let a mistake like the lakers winning the most titles stay in the show.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
At this point I don't think anyone even cares. They're just throwing together a half-assed show and hoping that some people will still watch it. Obviously you can tell by some of the posts in this thread that a lot of people are just about done with it.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I watched it, loved his white trash rant. Although I'm not liking the hour long commercial that the show has become. Also, everyone is so paralyzed to make any type of decision for fear of retaliation in the boardroom. So what happens is you just get mediocre performance from everyone - boring.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Trump seemed to be in a really bad mood. My wife wondered if the episode might have been taped around the time that Trump was feuding with rosie. He definitely seemed to have more of a bug up his butt than usual. Stefani is emerging as a very strong player and i wouldn't be shocked to see her in the finals. Product/brand commercials are kind of inevitable at this point. It is probably what is keeping the show going with the reduced ratings. The companies must love the exposure. Lexus had to be thrilled to have their flagship compared to a Go-cart, huh?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
That was probably the only episode of this season that I've actually enjoyed so far. Trump was definitely in a pissy mood and I thought he was going to punch Randal in the throat when he kept babbling on. :D

Stan

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how very few posts there are about this show.

I used to love it. Surprisingly I watched every episode last season, but I felt more and more like I was forcing myself to watch them. I got to the final episode with the live audience, got about 15 minutes into it, and finally gave up, turned the show off.

Thought I'd give it one more try and watched the first episode of this season and haven't watched it since. Will never go back.

A lot of factors; the anger, backstabbing, lame tasks, Trump being an arrogant ass, Carolyn and George now gone, etc. I see this show following Martha's version and vanishing soon.

NolanJ

Second Unit
The only thing that will save the show is if it reinvents itself in a way. Moving across the country and having lame punishments (sleeping in a tent) isn't the way to go about doing it.

I'm not sure what needs to be done... but if Trump had fired Randall that would have been interesting :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Moving to LA was a good idea, for variety's sake. The tent thing is a little silly though.

I think they need to get back to more serious marketing tasks like they used to have. Enough with the beekeeping and car-washing gimmicks.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

I couldn't agree more! Bring back Carolyn & George. No more Ivanka, no more winning PM in the boardroom. And no more winning PM staying PM. The Lexus task was descent. They need more like that and less swimsuit design.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Ivanka's barely been on the show, except the promos.

Carolyn no longer works for Trump, & I assume George was back in NY. So why expect them to be on the show?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
We all know Carolyn no longer works for Trump. I'm not sure what happened with George.

But with any television show, when you start dropping key personalities or "characters" things usually start to go downhill.

It's not like this is "ER" or some other ensemble show with 20 characters, replace a few and things go on like normal. There were three major people we were used to seeing, replace two of them and it doesn't necessarily work anymore.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
Well George is the executive vice president and senior counsel of the Trump Organization. So I'm guessing Trump needed him to stay in NY and run things there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks