What's new

"The Ape Man" Lugosi - which one? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
There are so many public domain versions, which DVD release is the best? I see Alpha's is supposed to be too dark and haven't heard anything about the SlingShot (Lumivision) version from the 3 movie Bela Lugosi collection?

I know it was a stinker and not even worthy of Lugosi but did find a showing on late night horror TV for many years.

Help!

Eric

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
The "Triton" version 3-movie version (called THE BELA LUGOSI COLLECTION VOL. 2) is currently the best on the market. Not perfect, but the better. The Alpha disc was too dark and murky. When discussing this on various horror boards, it's unanimous with APE MAN fans.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Thanks Joe. When dealing with a sea of public domain DVDs it is hard to find reviews that cover quality to know which is the best to purchase. I wish someone would come up with a website and/or lists of the various PD offerings and their quality ratings!

Eric

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Will do Joe. I have the Vol 1 of this series and found that being a very early DVD the compression is less than stellar but got it for "Scared to Death" which is supposed to be the best copy out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks