What's new

THE ANDY GRIFFITH SPINOFF SHOW (1 Viewer)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
With the last season of the Andy Griffith show coming in December according to tvshowsondvd.com.Will we see the spinoff show Mayberry RFD anytime soon.and if I am not mistaken for some reason I thought paramount did not own the spinoff show.Maybe someone out there knows who does own it.I thought I heard somewhere one time that warner brothers owned the spinoff.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder why paramount did not do the spinoff? my guess is that they just had no interest and warner brothers bought the show.the other question now that paramount will be finishing up with TAGS this year will waner brothers begin the releases of mayberry RFD.I would purchase this show.I enjoyed it very much growing up and would be interested in seeing it again.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully it will come out but I'm not too confident. It's received very limited syndication action and I don't hear a big cult following clamoring for it.

TBS played all (but one?) many years ago all in a row. They played them once and as far as I know, never again.

Luckily I taped all of them at the time but I admit I haven't seen them since. It's been about 15 years or so.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

Mayberry RFD was originally produced by the same production company as TAGS. However, when it was syndicated, it got kicked around and eventually went to Telepictures. Telepictures was eventually absorbed by Warner Bros.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

I think a lot of this has to do with the changes in syndication rules around the late 60's. At that time it was decided that networks, CBS, NBC, and ABC, could not have a financial interest in the programs they broadcast. CBS Films became the independent company Viacom. Since the producers of Mayberry RFD did not have to deal with CBS as an owner of the show, they made a deal elsewhere. This is why such programs as Mary Tyler Moore and All In The Family are not owned and syndicated by Viacom even though they were broadcast by CBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks