1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We will be interviewing Criterion soon. Click here for details on how you can submit a question for us to ask.
    Dismiss Notice

The Andy Griffith Show: Missing Scenes, Laugh Tracks, And Other Issues

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tony Bensley, Jun 4, 2017.

1. John*Wells

John*Wells Supporting Actor

John
    Ok Got it .. I guess I was thrown off by the fact that Gomer Pyle had only one B&W Season as opposed to TAGS having 5

bmasters9 likes this.
  2. MartinP.

MartinP. Supporting Actor

Martin
    On December 1st, this book was released:

[​IMG]

From the synopsis:

This bizarre, magical place has been the home for hundreds of the most iconic and legendary films and television shows in the world for a remarkable and star-studded fifty years. It was the location for Tara in Gone with The Wind, the home of King Kong and Superman and Batman, of the Green Hornet, of Elliot Ness, of Barney Fife, of Tarzan, of Rebecca, of Citizen Kane, of Hogan’s Heroes and Gomer Pyle, of Lassie, of A Star is Born and Star Trek, and at least twice, of Jesus Christ. For decades, every conceivable star in Hollywood, from Clark Gable to Warren Beatty, worked and loved and gave indelible performances on the site.
    And yet, today, it is completely forgotten.

I have the author's book about the M-G-M backlot and I plan to pick this one up. (It seems the Walmart edition has a different photo [King Kong] on the cover.)

JohnMor likes this.
  3. John*Wells

John

I just downloaded it from I Books. Look forward to reading

4. John*Wells

John
    Watched the Gomer Pyle episode "Opie Joins the Marines" Yesterday. However, I see no Corresponding TAGS episode that mentions Opie Running away .. Are we just supposed to assume that Sergeant Carter effectively talked Andy out of being hard on Opie and that that was the end of it?

5. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Stunt Coordinator

Erich P. Wise
    Gavin McLeod left McHale's Navy after the second season. Although the series went on for two more seasons (1964-66), McLeod wasn't on it.

Tony Bensley likes this.