What's new

The Andy Griffith Show Extras (1 Viewer)

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if, as the final "The Andy Griffith Show" seasons are released, we'll get any extras, such as "Return to Mayberry" or perhaps, the two Larry King interviews (2003, with Andy and Don Knotts; 2006, with Andy, Ron Howard, Jim Nabors, etc.)or some of the reunion footage from those TBS marathons featuring members of the cast, talking about the show. Considering the popularity of the series, you'd think that some of these things would be included. Would anyone else besides me be interested in seeing this?

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see the reunion movie and the show from last year or two years ago with the surviving cast just sitting around talking about the show, along with any other good interviews. That would make a supberb addition to the last season set. Even if it is an extra DVD, I'd be willing to pay a few extra dollars for the right extras.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
Return to Mayberry was the best of the made for tv reunion movies in my opinion. I would like to see it as a bonus or its own dvd.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I'm just disappointed that the 'cast commercials' were dropped after the 2nd and 3rd seasons. That was one rare case in which 'extras' made me more gung-ho for dvd-sets. When it was revealed that they weren't included anymore, it really took the wind out of my sails. Indeed, I haven't even gotten around yet to purchasing the 4th and 5th seasons. I know, it might seem a minor thing, but with a show I'm as overly-familiar with as TAGS, those long-unseen vintage commercials added an extra incentive for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks