The American Embassy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Ringwald, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

What did everyone think? I thought it was fun, and interesting. I'm going to be watching this one weekely. I like it.

What does everyone else think, huh??!!

Also, does anyone know where I can see a list of ratings, daily? I can only find weekly. I'd like to see how good this one did.

2. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I'm skeptical it will last but hope it gets better. It's like Ally McBeal goes to The West Wing. You get all of this silly goofy stuff ... and then a serious ending. We'll see how it plays out next week. Good concept though...

3. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out that I was not watching Ally McBeal!

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    You have to understand the history of this show. It was originally going to be called "Emma Brody" and focus on the young title character - "Ally McBeal in London" would not be too far off the mark. That's the pilot you saw last night. After the events of 9/11 Fox decided for whatever reason to retool & rename the show and make it more in the vein of "The West Wing". The ending last night was tacked onto the pilot after this decision.

Next week's episode will more accurately reflect what this show will be if it survives its initial run of 5 episodes (which based on initial critical reaction is not too likely).

5. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I was hoping for a more serious West Wing like show and not a Felicty-Ally Mcbeal-Sex in the City like show. It was too cutesy for my tastes.

6. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Damn, I had to go and watch it. Now it's going to get cancelled, and I'm going to be angry. Shit. [​IMG]

7. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Craig,

I hope you're right. Like I said, it's a great concept. Embassies are pockets of action...

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    For those of you interested in more details, here's the Houston Chronicle review from which I gleaned the information posted previously.