The American Embassy :: Who has the rights and could we get it on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gaby:), Apr 8, 2005.

1. Gaby:)

Gaby:) Extra

Hello everyone. I loved this short-lived dramedy on FOX in March 2001. Four episodes aired and all that remained was a two-hour finale when FOX yanked it from their schedule.

It starred Arija Bareikis as Emma Brody, a new vice counsul for the American embassy in London, England. It was created by James D. Parriott. Jersey Television's Danny DeVito, Stacey Sher, and John Landgraf were executive producers.

This is what I remember. I was wondering who currently has rights to the show and if we can ever expect to see the six episodes on DVD?

Thanks a bunch,
    Gaby[​IMG]

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

The list of Production Companies in the "Company Credits" section of the IMDB is your friend; for The American Embassy, it lists 20th Century Fox Television as the production company.

3. Gaby:)

Gaby:) Extra

Thanks Jason. I was wondering if there was some easy way to tell and you just provided me with that. Thanks.

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I found the opening credits online recently by accident and got reminded of this show. It was definitely fun. I do remember it being significantly retooled by FOX in wake of 9/11 (mostly making it more "patriotic"). Originally conceived as a sort of Ally McBeal in the UK titled "Emma Brody" it was instead turned into something different with "The American Embassy." Though I still enjoyed it. Wish FOX would toss it out there.

5. nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk Supporting Actor

I would so love to see this on DVD, Rachel Shelley who plays Helena in L Word starred in an episode.