The American Embassy 3/25/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I have to admit it, this show is growing on me. The lead character, Emma Broady is quite the gal. The device of using her letters/emails to her sister Jules does allow the viewer to get inside Emma's head. And there's a decent terrorist bombing plotline that runs through the show to add to the weekly problems that Emma has to deal with in her work.

Seems like there's a lot of history for many of these embassy workers if you watch the previews for the next show.

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I'm also enjoying it, but sadly I have a feeling that Fox won't be picking up a second season....

The ratings haven't been that good for what FOX usually considers great...

It is pretty interesting though. Can't wait for the last couple of episodes to air.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Is this show really filmed overseas, or have I been duped by the wonders of Hollywood?

4. Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor Stunt Coordinator

There's an article in this week's TV Guide that talks about how the actual US State Department is pulling for this show.

And how about the actress who plays Emma, is she a knockout or what!

Hopefully the subplot about her learning to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road winds down soon though. How hard could it be?

5. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I really hope this show gets renewed too. It looks like the last 2 episodes (hopefully until next season) will be on back-to-back on April 8. Can't wait!