1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Race Thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Alex S, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I've been enjoying these reruns quite a bit. I missed the first few seasons. I was very glad that the two buddies pulled out a win, even though they were on the other folk's home turf.

I wonder if they made those guys in Alaska finish?

Ric

2. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

The first season was all one-hour chunks, but my TiVo has some two-hour episodes scheduled for the second season that apparently aren't going to be split across separate nights. Those are scheduled on Sunday the 31st and Wednesday the 3rd.

Brad

3. Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C* Second Unit

Now, I missed the first 3 episodes and maybe I forgot something but when did Rob and Brennan ever play "dirty"? Were Frank and Margarita just scared or what.

4. Ric Easton

Jeff, I also missed the first three. As far as I know R and B never "played dirty"

Ric

5. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

6. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I didn't see the first three seasons, so these reruns have been a lot of fun to see. The first episode of season one felt kind of sluggish, but the editors found their way as the season progressed. I know people complain about the bunch-ups, but the producers have definitely made changes for the better so as not to run into what happened at the end of season one. (For those who missed out, the first season is scheduled to come out on DVD--September, I think.)

I never thought Rob and Brennan played dirty. Frank liked to run his mouth a lot about teams following them, but if you're in the front, isn't that going to be the case?

What I found interesting was how there weren't a bunch of model/aspriring actor teams (none, really) that have become more prevalent in recent seasons.

7. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

8. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

9. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

10. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

11. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

We've watched the last couple of seasons and tried to watch season 1. However, we dropped it after 2 episodes as it ws much more difficult to follow the teams. We felt as though we had no idea where each team stood after a specific task as the just seem to appear further along in the race without seeing them complete a task.

12. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I agree that it can be a little difficult to follow at the very beginning. But they do show everyone's position at each task, with enough detail to do this -- at least for the past few seasons.
    Unless you have an interest in a particular team, you could skip the first few episodes to wait for the field to thin a little. It's really more a series of legs than one continuous race. But you might miss some drama, like the MeatBlock (in leg 3) from last season.

13. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

Ken - I agree the last few seasons it was very easy to follow all the teams. In Season 1, it was much more difficult and confusing especially after how much it has improved in later seasons.

14. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I thought you might have meant that. Glad we got it all cleared up [​IMG]

15. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Here's one I didn't expect. Flipped by HBO and just saw Charla, yeah that one, on the Lisa Kudrow show.

16. Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C* Second Unit

That's so funny because my girlfriend just told me a minute ago she was just on "The Comeback" after we saw her on a commerical for "Battle of the Network Reality Stars".

17. Ric Easton

So, um... Does anyone find Blake and Paige's relationship in TAR:2 (they are brother and sister) to be um... a little too close? I get a bit of a queasy feeling watching those two.

Ric

18. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

19. Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C* Second Unit

Especially that one time at the Pit Stop where he said his sister is amazing and wants to marry a girl like her and it ended with them gazing at each other. I was like "Woah".[​IMG]

20. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Two things about season 2...

1-I had to laugh when I read the comments about Blake & Paige. I said the same thing to my wife last night.

2-I also thought that Chris or Alex (Can't remeber which one) looks just like Scott Peterson.