What's new

The Amazing Race Thread (1 Viewer)

Alex S

Second Unit
Did anyone watch this show last night ?
It was funny as hell.
The 2 bald fat guys from NY were histerical !
I'm rooting for them to win.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Looks to be interesting.
Did you see the mother daughter team??? The daughter was hot!!!
Brent L

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
"I'm a big Pus" :)
Did anyone else find it funny that the guy(Matt, I think) who lost didn't even bother to comfort his wife(Anna) when they lost. He just stood there. He could have at least hugged the girl!
Marc.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I watched both Lost and The Amazing Race and the Amazing Race wins.
I think the concept of Lost is good and has been executed, so far, pretty well. But I am glad that an entire race only last 3 episodes because I hate this entire group of people (except for maybe the mother of four). They are just a bunch of whiny coniving cry babies. What is it with NBC and it's choice of contestants for their "reality shows?" The shows are always made up of overly made-up bitches from Long Island (or similiar places around the US) or stupid jocks , all who have whiny voices. I hope someone gets seriously hurt. No, I take that back. I hope they get a serious case of disentary!
The Amazing Race was a lot more fun. I wish it was on at 8 instead of 9. Since it's going to be up against The West Wing (I'm going to have to tape something, and with Digital cable that's a pain in the ass). The contestants weren't nearly as irritating as the ones on Lost, though I am not as a big a fan of the frat brothers as the rest of you. The first black couple, the ones trying to patch their marriage back together, are a bit hard to take. Well, she's not but he's acting like a dick. If I was her, I'd stick with him until the end, and win or lose, then I'd divorce his ass. The gay couple is funny and I can't help think of the characters from Best in Show. At this point I'm not really rooting for anyone, but I am hoping the young couple lasts awhile (the couple that the guy refered to himself as a puss). The girl was pretty and reminded me of Diane Laine.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if this show will be re-run before the second episode (like CBS did with the first episode of Survivor)? I was going to watch it, but missed it.
frown.gif

/Mike

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I beleive they are rerunning the first episode of TAR on Sunday night after 60 Minutes.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh good, cause I missed it.. I happen to be watching Agassi/Sampras - Fear Factor - US vrs Costa Rica (soccer) at the time... 4 shows would be a little overkill unless I dragged the other TV over. And this was while I was reading Outside Magazine in my bed eating peanuts.... :)
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Based on just the first Episode, I think Amazing race is the better show of the two. It just had more going on, even if half of it was they trying to catch a flight (absolute riveting television). The way teams are eliminated is perfect (no voting crap. If you lose you're out) and I think it will be interesting to see if a couple teams start helping each other out to ensure their place in the next round. And boy, do I want to do that bungee swing. That was so cool.
Lost has a nice premise, but but show filled with people whining about how tired they are, and trying to get non english speaking people to understand them doesn't make for the most interesting show. And of course, John Tesh as narrator is just going to turn a lot of people off :)
------------------

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The two life partners with the matching outfits who kept infuriating the overly competetive "separated father" by being ahead of him were my favorites next to the NY fraternity brothers mentioned above. They seemed like the only two contestants capable of speaking without wanting to strangle each other. I wonder how long it will last. The mother daughter dynamics were fun to watch, also. :)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Been watching the 1st season reruns on GSN. Man was this show boring LOL. It's has improved greatly over the years.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Last week I think. I missed the first 3 eps. They run every night and the finale of the 1st season was tonight so the second season starts Sat. night.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I'm recording all the episodes to watch them later. I record the 12am show. Question: did they air all the episodes straight thru at 9pm? I guess what I want to know about is the 2 hr episodes. Did they split them up?

See, my friend was watching it at 9pm and she missed Saturday's episode, which she said would of been the finale of S1 and it was supposedly a 2hr show, and when she went to watch on Sunday she said it was the start of Season 2. So I want to know if I missed anything by only recording it once a day?

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
They split them. I thought Fri. was the finale but it was just the first hour and they showed the second half Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks