What's new

The Amazing Race Season 24 (2/23): Returning All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
JohnMor said:
LOL. I had just the opposite reaction: glad they're gone and I totally blamed her for the backpack fiasco. She was carrying them; he was carrying the car. It was totally her responsibility to make sure their bags made it into the cab while he was busy carrying the car and tying it down. Plus, she had absolutely zero respect for his feelings about it.

While I was not happy to see Mark & Mallory eliminated, I was relieved, because they just seemed so miserable, and never clicked with each other. And I could not take another leg of this train wreck. I don't think I've ever seen Mallory or Mark blow up like that, to their original teammate.

Regarding Luke, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as he has posted on another message board that I often frequent, and seems like a nice guy. But he is not making it easy for me. And there are some just think it was just him being sick of China, as he rolled his eyes when Margie ripped open the clue at the start of the leg, and learning that it was another leg there. They have raced there in every season that they have raced, for at least 2 legs. But still, not an excuse since the Cowboys raced there just as many legs, and I very much doubt that a change of scenery will make much of a difference anyway. Also, Margie done 2 Roadblocks in 2 legs. Does that mean we will see Luke do one in the next leg?

Speaking of the Cowboys, that did not take long to give up the 2nd Express Pass just like that. And Big Brother finally winning a leg, after never winning one in their original season. Though, it just did not sit well with me, winning the cash prize, as they seem wealthy enough with all the money they made from CBS.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the Cowboys, that did not take long to give up the 2nd Express Pass just like that.
I hadn't thought of it until one of the cowboys said it...but with that move they succeeded in getting the 2nd Express Pass used in the 2nd leg of the race to no detriment of their own. And now they are the only team with an Express Pass!

Seemed like a pretty good strategy to me.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Stan said:
Starting to get annoying? When hasn't he been annoying?
LOL. I just meant in that in the first ep, he and his mom were pretty low key. Neither engaged in behavior that seemed negative to me.

Walter C said:
While I was not happy to see Mark & Mallory eliminated, I was relieved, because they just seemed so miserable, and never clicked with each other. And I could not take another leg of this train wreck. I don't think I've ever seen Mallory or Mark blow up like that, to their original teammate.

That is a much better way to put it than what I said. It's not that I was glad they were gone, so much as relieved.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
They definitely had some issues. Sad when people can't get along, but they certainly "never clicked with each other". It was pretty obvious things weren't going to work out. Glad they were eliminated early so we don't have to watch the tension and stress between them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would bet we will see them both back in a future race....err...Bopper and Mark, that is.

They seem to be fan favorites.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ronald Epstein said:
Still sticking with this season. Just need to pick a new team to root for.
So far, I do like Dave & Connor and Leo & Jamal, and Joey and Big Brother has been a lot more tolerable this time around so far. The rest, are still too early to tell.

Mike Frezon said:
I hadn't thought of it until one of the cowboys said it...but with that move they succeeded in getting the 2nd Express Pass used in the 2nd leg of the race to no detriment of their own. And now they are the only team with an Express Pass!

Seemed like a pretty good strategy to me.
Now that I think about it, it was a good move, as it does lift a huge weight off their shoulders, and not have to deal with teams begging them for it. I guess being bothered by the country singers was more than they can bear.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Great episode tonight. I have such incredible admiration for the attitudes of the Cowboys and the Globetrotters. Even when mistakes are made they remain calm and positive and supportive. I wish I had the demeanor to handle much less stressful situations with their grace.

Also finding the Afghanimals more enjoyable this time around. As for Margie and Chewbacc- uh, Luke - next week's preview suggests another major meltdown.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Agreed. I was impressed with Margie and Luke in this episode, and then came the preview for next week. And I was impressed with Dave and Connor's handling of their big mistake. Also,
satisfied at the elimination. One of my two least favorite teams.

Love the cowboys.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Very satisfied with the elimination this week.

Looking forward to the upcoming weeks ahead.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The Cowboys are one of my favourite teams of all time. They came to Calgary a few years back, and seemed like nice guys, too.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
JohnMor said:
Agreed. I was impressed with Margie and Luke in this episode, and then came the preview for next week.
Same here, as I can see that Luke was relieved to learn that the race was leaving China. As if he was saying "anywhere but here". But yeah, the preview pretty much saying "here we go again".Funny how Big Easy was told that he could not perform the roadblock, well... his name would indicate why lol. Dave & Connor making a remarkable recovery, and still finishing in 1st place. I was happy it was them, though hopefully, we won't get beat over the head with the Achilles heal in later legs. And John is a lousy shot haha.Have to say, this leg looked a lot more visually appealing than the previous 2 legs, as the race went from concrete jungle to a real jungle in Malaysia. The waterfall was nice, but the river rafting looked scary. Not only with the raft breaking apart, but crashing into rocks.And I am with everyone with the elimination, as I can't complain about it. Joey was tolerable in this season, but then again, he was only in the race for a shorter time. Any longer, and we would add another annoying racer on our list. Too bad for Meghan, as I did like her, and only reason why I would not want to see their elimination. I'm sure they will get a lot more hits on YouTube now.

Next leg... more Malaysia.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For the producers of TAR to present Dave's Achilles injury from his last race as if it were some huge hurdle that he is overcoming now was really irritating me.

What happened then is really having little to no impact as to how they are progressing on this most recent race.

False drama which is unnecessary and which I, I think, most people would see through.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
So far one of the better seasons. I'm enjoying it. The weaker teams are dropping out one by one, leaving the strong ones to continue. My hope is that "Brachel" is the next to go.
I think it's going to get a lot more competitive as things go on. Whoever loses this week probably won't have to worry, it's about time for a non-elimination show, but you never know.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
A fun, satisfying outing, I thought. I even was pulling for the last two teams,
despite an expected temper tantrum.

But, sadly, flying to Kuala Lumpur reminded me of the missing Malaysian Air flight. :(

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I don't defend Luke's actions, and have never thought much of him (see my previous posts), but he really was in a tough situation here. Because of his disability he didn't have the option of switching challenges as other teams did.

The cowboys continue impress- hope they win it all.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Completely agree. Everybody impressed me with their determination in the face of difficulties or reversals. I really rooted for everybody, but especially the cowboys.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am with everyone else in rooting for the Cowboys.

They are playing very well.

Really enjoyed this leg of the race. That bartending trick was
very difficult, no doubt.

Happy to see...

There was no elimination this week though I would not have minded
Rachel going home.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I like how this season so far, it has been arranged so only a limited amount of teams can get on the first flight out, something we would normally only see in the 1st leg of the race. While it made a difference in the previous leg, not the case in this one, mainly because of the Detour in KL.

I was glad that this was a non-elimination, and that Brenden & Rachel were not eliminated. And I never thought I would ever say that. It was really something to see them encourage Luke, and not give up on the challenge with the colored drinks into glasses. Rachel seems like a different person this time around, even with the pantyhose moment.And about time Margie puts her foot down about Luke, and his constant meltdowns, telling him to clean up the mess that he made. Though, we all know, that won't last.
JohnMor said:
But, sadly, flying to Kuala Lumpur reminded me of the missing Malaysian Air flight. :(
Yeah, I thought the same thing as well.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
I was glad that this was a non-elimination, and that Brenden & Rachel were not eliminated. And I never thought I would ever say that. It was really something to see them encourage Luke, and not give up on the challenge with the colored drinks into glasses. Rachel seems like a different person this time around, even with the pantyhose moment.
Almost 100% guarantee this would be a non-elimination. I thought last week would have been the time, but since it wasn't, pretty much sealed the deal for this week. Rachel was incredibly nice. I've always wondered how could Brendon put up with her. Maybe she's much more normal in life than the outbursts and crying episodes we see when she's stressed out by a reality show.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Another enjoyable episode this week - and we are quickly getting to the point of guaranteeing that a non-annoying team will win the million.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks