What's new

The Amazing Race season 14 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Did you mean that as: "The 'Anthony' who asked some of those questions was actually me."

Or, "They happened to discuss a lot of things I was wondering about."

:D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I for one would be absolutely riveted!

I've been saying to my best friend forever how I would love to know how one of these races is planned and put together. It must be an undertaking of Hurculean proportions. :eek:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Jennifer Hopka has posed in the buff for Playboy in the past. You may get lucky with a google search on her name (safe search off).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

This.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jennifer was cute, but Jaime from the NFL cheerleaders...wow. She's even better than whichever one of Kelly and Christy it was that I loved last year. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You know what, as hot as some of the women are this season, no one even comes close to Starr from last season...dayum I miss her.

I never imagined that camoflag and combat green could look so sexy.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

They need to do another all-star edition and bring her back pronto!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If "Team Asia" doesn't deal with stubbornness issues then one of the duos that I thought would go very, very far in this race might just parlay their hardheadedness into a much earlier exit than expected.

Just my two cents.

Larry*P

Agent
Wow how hardheaded can you be?

They're very fortunate not to be going home. If the older couple didn't have the flight delay, they would be gone now.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

A very unfortunate set back for them that just had no chance of being overcome. It is too bad. They were a strong team and treated each other well. I thought they would go much further.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
That U-turn was mean! I couldn't believe they did that. And what about the stunt guys looking for the house that was right in front of them for the entire day?!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I thought the U-turn was terrible.

With these type of shows you try to use whatever you can to get ahead, but using the U-turn was just a cowardly, nasty way to do things.

Hope karma comes around and bites the deaf guy in the ass. What a jerk.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Amanda and Kris did NOT deserve that U-Turn. They never did anything to the other teams on the race to warrant that kind of treatment. In addition, there goes the best piece of eye candy on the race(Amanda). :frowning:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

I don't get this attitude. It's built into the game. If you don't like it, blame the producers who invented it.

If a football player sacks the other team's QB, is that a "cowardly, nasty way to do things" or is it a legitimate play?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah. I was pretty much thinking the same as Chris.

The promo for next week makes it look as if Luke and his mom let it get out that they were the ones who did the U-turn (maybe to let the redheads know they wre looking out for them?). If so, that was pretty stupid.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I can see situations where the U-Turn is necessary, but in this instance there was absolutely ZERO reason to use it on Amanda & Kris. Pretty low move IMHO.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
To rub salt into the wound, I read an interview that as a result of being U-turned, they checked in to the pitstop only 10 minutes behind the team in front of them. D'oh!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The sky seemed quite a bit darker for them. But if accurate, then it really made the difference.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

Guess what? If they had gotten to the U-Turn faster, that other team would not have been able to do that do them... just like if the quarterback hands off the ball in time, he doesn't get sacked.

I didn't want them to get eliminated, either, but to blame a team for taking an option offered to them is crazy.

The "best competitor" should have been able to do better than last place.

If the other team had cheated to cause them to come in last, that would have been a different matter.

What about the girls on the phone posing as airline employees?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Since when? Doesn't really make any sense, since there is always the high risk of fumbling.

I have no problem with the U-Turn. But eliminated by 10 minutes - ouch!

aldamon

Second Unit

This isn't a charity event. They're playing for $1 million. Well played and smart.

What shocked me was the producers still eliminated them. The tension could have been fun next week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The producers have stated--on a number of occasions--that the non-elimination legs are decided (and set in concrete) well before the race begins. Any sort of tampering with the outcome of that sort would result in huge outcries of "fixing" and criminal investigations.

This was one of the things covered in the interview with Bertram van Munster that was talked about at the beginning of this thread in the high-def discussion. EDIT: Link is in post #39.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks