The Amazing Race Premiere Date & Other News

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kenneth_C, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Kenneth_C

Kenneth_C Second Unit

From comingsoon.net:

Let the discussion begin...!

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

::grumbles:: There's no need to mess with the game; this isn't Survivor, where you can see what kind of pyschological warfare works best; it's closer to sports.

If you want to add more tension to the game on non-elimination weeks, don't be so aggressive bunching the teams up. If a team falls a couple hours behind on a non-elimination week and knows they won't be able to make it up practically automatically at the airport, that's a big incentive, too.

3. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

"In addition to their schedule proximity, "Brother" and "Race" will be linked in another way: One of this summer's "Race" contestants will be 23-year-old Alison Irwin -- the runner-up in last summer's "Big Brother 4." She'll be paired with her boyfriend, Donny."

WTF? As if we didn't get enough of her in BB. That's going to ruin much of AR for me. I just pray that the edit guys in AR don't focus all of the hour long show on her and Donny. Stoopid.....[​IMG]

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Well, I won't be watching, since it airs on Tuesdays. I'm always out of the house that day.

Too bad, since I enjoyed watching it last year...

Jason

5. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

It's also going to be a problem in NYC since CBS2 airs Yankees games on Tuesdays sometimes in the summer. Now we'll have to tape both Big Brother and TAR overnight when this happens.

6. jonathan_little

jonathan_little Stunt Coordinator

Alison? Oh no, that's horrible! I love "The Amazing Race," but I really hoped that I'd never have to see that nose again.

7. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I like the addition of the losers on the non-elimination weeks losing SOMETHING. Those episodes were anti-climactic for me. You could almost always tell when an episodes was a non-elimination round.

I LOVE the Amazing Race. I love it for the locations they go to. I had no idea some of the countries/cities were so modern (and so poor at the same time).