What's new

The Amazing Race 8 HTF Challenge (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I hate this. If you risk and win the FF you should get a bonus. Last time with Chip and Kim it netted them like 50 minutes and he didn't even have to get his hair shaved. Prior to that the team failed to do it and came in last but weren't eliminated like they deserved to be. The FF looks pretty lame too. On par with previous years standard challenge fare.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Wow, I didn't know that but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check it anyway. Even if it's true though, with the other combnations that people have left, it's virtually impossible for me to come out any better than a first place tie. Funny thing is the same thing happened to me in the Survivor Palau contest where I picked Tom and I didn't come in first either, and to be fair, I always try to avoid any spoilers until I post the contests too.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Me, too. But this one was practically stamped on my forehead about two weeks in.

If they really want to score points for this lame season they need one team to chicken out on the Fast Forward and have little Carissa bungee jump for it. :D

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
That's what happened to me too with Uchenna and Joyce right after the TAR7 premiere, sometimes you just can't avoid it!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
You're right, it wasn't Chip and Kim it was Uchenna and Joyce last year. Oops.

I do recall actually losing a team last year (balding guy and blonde) on the same night as they used a FF though. Didn't get to see the episode so I don't know how that worked. (2 part show)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's very possible but it was probably during a two leg show which the producers like to throw in so they can have one less night with no elimination. They also started throwing in To Be Continued episodes too probably for the same reason.

I guess they're unavoidable considering how many teams there are, although I wouldn't mind upping the number of teams to avoid non-elim legs. if we can handle 40 racers in The Family Edition, we can definitely handle 15 or so teams (30 racers) in the regular one!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Updated from last night's episode, Patrick is the runaway winner of the AL after last night, but the NL race is still close.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Although Patrick is way in the lead, don't I still have a shot if the sisters and Linz family finish 1 and 2 and the Paolo lose in the next round?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If Bransens and Paolo's both make F4, he's got 41 points. If just the Paolos or Bransens make it he's got 31 + yield + better than fourth points available. I may be a bit premature, but I'm calling it official. :D

Bring on Janelle and ____ in the TAR 9. :) The NL isn't a factor this year so I'm not adding those numbers. Swept again.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
To add more to the mix:

If the Bransen Family leaves next week and the Paolos don't win it all, then Patrick and I would have the same number of points, wouldn't we? That would really shake up the AL race. In the words of Yogi
;)

Too bad my #1 team's mom couldn't find a red bean in the pile quickly. If she was so unlucky at those things another member of the team should have searched the pile. I would have thought that younger eyes would have been sharper.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The demise of the Paolos really upsets the applecart. Interesting race!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks