What's new

The Amazing Race 7 (2 Viewers)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Jason,

I agree however, it is a known task as opposed to one, that for almost anyone, is almost impossible to determine the level of effort that may be required with random animals, etc.

I am sure the altitude was probably a factor and drinking the Mate Coca (crushed coca leaves) bottles they lugged around would have helped. Natives would have just chewed on some coca leaves to get rid of the '"soroche".

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
For someone not used to being at that altitude, lugging a bushel around for that far might have seemed pretty unknown, too. Besides, that's the point of having a choice - some people will think "hey, the animal's doing all the work here", or figure that even if it can take longer than the task with fewer random elements, the best-case scenario is better.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
But how far was it? Bus from airport into town; bus from town to the beach (and the rickshaw). It was basically one trip, with no tasks in between. Didn't the Mormon sisters have that young guy help them in Norway for quite a while?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Not too bad of a beginning. At least there was a whole lot less yelling than last season's premiere and a close finish for the 10th spot.

Still can't get over Romber being there and then getting an advantage of someone recognizing them in Peru. It's not surprising that someone recognized and decided to help, I might do the same. It gets me that (IMHO) they have an unfair advantage over the other "no-name" teams. I think Jonathan at least paid those "guidess" to help them.

Unfortunately, I think they would do well regardless if they were helped or not. They're not as dumb as Allison and Donny.

I don't have any one to root for yet although I find myself leaning towards the team mom/son and team on fire.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

There's a lot of third world between here and there!

Sad to see the hillbillies go. We were rooting for them. Do you think it was their weight that got them? They had to help push their rickshaw and their cab got passed like it was standing still at the end. They were in front of the last two teams and lost on the cab ride. They wouldn't have lasted to the end, but if they wer 50 pounds lighter each, they might have finished a few places higher I think.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Rob and Amber's biggest advantage may be that the other teams are unduly concerned about them. If ever there was a reality show where you just need to focus on taking care of your own business and not worrying about the other teams, this is it. They're already in the heads of the other teams. I think they'll advance quite far in the race.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Definetly a fun episode. I wish I could go on this show just to see all the interesting sites. Although I wouldn't do too good with the natives as I speak no extra languages... I know about 7 words, and 2 phrases in Japanese but that's about it.

I'd be as clueless as the teams looking for the bus.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Man, did Rob and Amber come to play or what? They are definitely playing cutthroat. Definitely interesting to see them make AR more of a survival contest.

Kenneth

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Yankees suck!!!! :D

Rob is taking no prisoners and playing wicked smaaht. My team Geritol is still alive even after a bad taxi ride, much to my surprise. Great episode. Definitely see weaknesses in the the other teams though. Poor grovelling talent and decision making. No way should anyone have done two trips at the book run.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least for now, for those who thought Team Survivor was not going to be instigators and proactive in using allies to play off the other teams, well, Team Survivor was calling most of the shots, and got inside the heads of the teams they were not "aligned" with at this stage of the race.

I loved it when Rob bribed the bus driver to not open the back door, and kept his team's $5 and used the other teams' contribution to the bribe. Classic!

Rob also was one step ahead for the correct bus, but there was too much time for the other teams to suss that out, but at least Rob's thinking ahead.

And then Rob's way of stacking the books using his construction background was genius as other teams had to use their handcarts twice to get the job done.

Amber...well, she's cute and nice to look at, and shines a mean shoe!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

Rich, Nice to look at, Rich, Nice to look at...

and she doesn't hold the team back. Athletically, she's able to get the job done and doesn't seem intimidated at all. I don't see Rob putting up with a dolt like Miss Ugly American. Rob is there showing how to stack the cart and yet neither she nor the guy carrying her on his back could figure it out, then she comes all the way back and still didn't know how many books they needed. :D

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Another close finish.

Kelly was totally useless. She can't shine shoes (a lightly physical task); can't even try to help navigate because she can't speak Spanish; can't count when putting books in the library stack; can't do math; (apparently can count the second load) but she can bitch about doing two trips. They still manage to come in second, all due to Rob's scheming off the bus.

Ray&Deana must have gotten lost, because Ron&Kelly did two trips before they did one.

Lesson of the week: it depends on how you stack it. Fun to see Rob&Amber totally dominate.

Debbie&Bianca recovered from the second flight by coming out first, and doing some funicular jockeying. But then they hurt themselves by doing two trips; they could have been fourth.

Susan&Patrick had troubles with money, and couldn't find the detour.

Good detour tasks, with choices between and choices within.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Haven't totally decided who to root for, although the brothers (currently in last place) seem pretty cool. Couldn't stand the stunt casting of the Survivor couple, and they have annoyed me from day one...so I know who I am rooting against. Kills me that they are in first place, but had to give credit for #1 Checking which bus arrives first, as opposed to leaves first, and #2 stacking the books carefully, to make one trip...

Points off for the bribery and scheming, and lacking the cajones to admit it when confronted. They've been fairly lucky so far. Can't wait to see "I'm so cool" Rob's reaction when things don't go their way. Although considering the producer's incentive to keep em in, that might not be for a while.

Classic quote from the Lynn/Alex team upon learning that they were one of the last teams "That's OK, we're used to bringing up the rear" That killed me, they're probably my second favorite team so far...although they could have handled the "scale issue" better...

Looking forward to next week. Can't believe a reality show finally sucked me in....

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
This season seems pretty interesting. BTW Did anyone notice how when they were shining the shoes they rubbed the shoe shine polish over the people's socks. LOL

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Romber rocks! Anyone who plays smart and hard deserves respect.

I HATE people like the girls who were bitching about Rob lying to them. "Hello", mirror ladies.

You did the same thing last week to the POW/Less_Than_Pretty girl team when you told them to go to the middle stack of sand when you knew the better flight was in the last stack.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks