What's new

The Amazing Race 7 (1 Viewer)

Erich_S

Grip
Ok, I don't know if this bothered anyone else, but I think this was the first race where they didn't actually circumnavigate the globe. It looks like they were pretty close to completing a 'great circle' type of route around the globe, but they didn't travel 'around the world' in the traditional sense (i.e., crossing all the longitude lines).

It's small, but it was a little disappointing to me.

Eric C D

Second Unit
Yeah, I noticed that too. Only hypothesis I had was that the tsunami happened during the race (or maybe just before) and it affected where they plannned to go. Maybe it was easiest to re-route back through Europe.

enjoy,

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I had a deadly shirt, belt and shoes. I was also a little dirty so I could have used my armpits of stench to take down the pilot.

Now then, Micheal, let's pretend I was a terrorist. I'll have a great big turbin, a big beard and my name will be Habib. I will also speak heavily accented english. What do you think my odds would be of getting that treatment that I did?

Face it: airline security sucked, it still sucks, and it will continue to suck. Your only real recourse is to be ever vigilant.

As for the TAR, since neither you or I know exactly what happened, it is mere conjecture to speculate on what kind of "security" U&J got. As for the gantry being brought back, I'm still trying to figure out how that was some kind of security risk and not just good customer service.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Excellent point, but I suspect that the race finished up before tsunami. The London leg was awash in Yule decorations and I doubt that they would have had the contestants (let alone the host and staff) on the road over Christmas. The tsunami was 12-26, wasn't it?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I was just pointing out that we have yet to see a commercial flight pull a stunt like that and it just so happened to save the last half hour of the finale and give U&J a HUGE second chance. If that happened with a commercial flight during the middle of the race U&J don't get on that flight.

I'm still happy about it, I won the HTF challenge thanks to that move. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks