What's new

The Amazing Race 7 HTF Challenge (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Welcome to The Amazing Race HTF Challenge. Like the Survivor Palau HTF Challenge, the rules will be different for this challenge in order to enable participants to stay in the challenge a little longer. Like in previous challenges, each person will get to pick one team who they think will win The Amazing Race. Each team can only be picked once as the race winner and that pick will be first come, first serve. Then pick three teams who you think will round out the final four teams, and these three teams will not be exclusive per participant, meaning the same team can be added to any final four. Points will be awarded if your team is wins The Amazing Race, in addition to having any of your final four teams (including your race winner pick) finish in second, third, or fourth place. Since there is no jury like on Survivor, that can't be part of the point scale, so to replace that I will award points to any team that uses a fast forward or a yield on another team. The points scale is as follows:

First place (race winner pick): 25
First place (final four pick): 20
Second place: 15
Third place: 10
Fourth place: 5
Fast Forward or Yield: 3

Here is the list of teams, more info can be found at the CBS The Amazing Race 7 website, along with the general HTF discussion thread here. I'll list each member with their age and occupation on the first two lines, followed by a line with their relationship to each other and then a line stating where they're from. As each team is picked, I'll denote the selection with a line in bold print above the selected team and I'll add the rest of the final four alphabetically below the race winner pick as each selection is posted:

Patrick Sun selected:
Brian, 27, Actor/Bartender
Greg, 24, Bouncer
Brothers
Santa Monica, CA

Final Four:
Rob & Amber Second Place, Yield
Ron & Kelly Third Place
Uchenna & Joyce First Place, Fast Forward

brentl selected:
Debbie, 25, Photographer
Bianca, 26, High School Teacher
Lifelong Friends
Woodbridge, VA

Marc Bax selected:
Lynn, 30, Executive Assistant
Alex, 30, Executive Assistant
Boyfriends
West Hollywood, CA

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Ryan & Chuck

Jed M selected:
Megan, 26, Fashion Designer
Heidi, 31, Stay-at-home-mom
Roommates
Oak Park, CA

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Ron & Kelly Third Place

Joseph S selected:
Meredith, 69, Retired Executive
Gretchen, 66, Retired Flight Attendant/RN
Grandparents
Easton, MD

Fourth Place

Final Four:
Debbie & Bianca
Ray & Deana Fast Forward

Daniel Kikin selected:
Ray, 44, Stockbroker
Deana, 27, Marketing & Promotions
Dating On and Off
Canfield, OH & Youngstown, OH

Fast Forward

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Ron & Kelly Third Place

Nathan Webel selected:
Rob, 29, Runner Up, Survivor: All Stars
Amber, 26, Winner, Survivor: All Stars
Dating
Canton, MA & Beaver, PA

Second Place
Yield

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Ron & Kelly Third Place
Ryan & Chuck

Travis_S selected:
Ron, 28, Former Iraq War POW
Kelly, 26, Legislative Correspondent
Dating
Villa Rica, GA & Greenville, SC

Third Place

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Susan & Patrick

Chris_Morris selected:
Ryan, 31, General Contractor
Chuck, 32, Sales
Best Friends
Landrum, SC & Inman, SC

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Ron & Kelly Third Place

Mark Pfeiffer selected:
Susan, 54, Director fo Judicial Affairs
Patrick, 26, Writer
Mother / Son
Hamilton, OH

Final Four:
Ray & Deana Fast Forward
Ron & Kelly Third Place

:star::star: Winner :star::star:
Micheal selected:
Uchenna, 40, Energy Broker
Joyce, 44, Sales Manager
Married
Houston, TX
First Place
Fast Forward

Final Four:
Brian & Greg
Ron & Kelly Third Place

The 2 hour premiere airs Tuesday, March 1, at 9:00 PM. Good luck to all!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm not sure what the best way is to handle the early picks, since some people always claim they miss the challenge, which has only 11 teams compared to 16-20 castways on Survivor. I wish I could post a time that the contest will be posted but I never know when I will have the time to set it up. The only solution I can think of for future contests is maybe some sort of lottery, but I'm open to any suggestions. I just want everyone to have a good time with the challenge and that's all. :)

In the end, I've honored the early picks made in the discussion thread, please make sure to get you final four picks in by Tuesday, March 1, at 8 PM ET, which will also be the deadline for any final four changes that you may decide on before that time, just make sure to add a post denoting your changes.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, not much left to choose from, but I will take Meagan and Heidi.
Final Four:
Ron/Kelly
Brian/Greg
Uchenna/Joyce

Thanks for doing this.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Wow I got here late it seems. I'll take Lynn and Alex though.

Final four
Rob and Amber
Ryan and Chuck
Brian and Greg

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I'll take Meredith and Gretchen if they're still available.

Need to research the top 4, because my pick won't be there. :D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
To round out my final four:
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Brian and Greg

Sebastien S

Second Unit

I have a suggestion. How about the winner of the chalenge get's "first pick" in the next chalenge and no one can pick before him/her... That way the "winner" actually wins something?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's a good suggestion, I'll take it under consideration for the next challenge, the only concern I would have is if the winner stops posting or isn't available, I wouldn't want to hold up the contest for that. Also, I never know when I will jhave the time to get everything set up, but I guess I can always PM the winner before-hand or have the winner post it in the main discussion thread. We have a while until the next challenge though so I'll revisit the idea then.

My question for you Sebastien is would you still have made this suggestion if you hadn't won the previous TAR HTF challenge? :)

Sebastien S

Second Unit

Yes... I think it is a good idea. I'm not expecting anything from this for myself, this was not implamented when I won and that's fine. But it would be cool for future winners. :D

What really made me think of the idea though is when I went to sign up for TAR Chalenge #7 and found that every team save 3 had been picked... I really didn't like the 3 that were left and frankly didn't believe in their ability to win the race so, I decided to just wait this season out (still watching the show of course), keeping "the title" till the very end of season #7 and then hopefully taking part in season #8.

In the mean time, I'm participating in the "Survivor Chalenge"! ;)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Sorry about the availability on this challenge Sebastien, that's why I'm really struggling on how to handle pre-selections before the contest is posted in the future. I really wish there was a better way get more people into the TAR challenge, I'm thinking of maybe doing away with the each team being picked only once as the race winner and just letting people pick a winner and a final four, but I also don't want everybody picking the same team as a winner. Hopefully, we'll think of something before TAR8, any and all suggestions are welcome. :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Just a reminder to Brent, Joseph, and Nathan, you guys need to get your final four picks in by 8 PM ET tomorrow, March 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks