What's new

The Amazing Race 6 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I gather that most of the teams initially thought that the pots and pans that were packaged together were one item; when the girls realized they were two or three, they got the answer right away.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

*raises hand* Reasons:

- stress with teams behind and beside you
- lack of sleep, comment about 6 hrs over the past 4 days?
- amount of bears (i.e. small items)
- pot sets count as 2 or 3, not by grouping

Being an engineer, I would have opted for building. Counting 2304 items leaves too much room for error.

Man, I felt really bad for the eliminated team. Whether it was a combo of missed clues or wrong bales, it was just sad to watch especially seeing that she unrolled 100 bales over 8 hours.

Geez, I don't recall ever seeing an AR with so many teams to root against. Don't like the wrestlers, Victoria and that abusive husband and the senior couple (unfortunately 'cause I like to see the older couples do well).

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Although the Ikea trip was probably a paid product placement deal, it was sort of a weird way to handle it. Basically, the message was, it is easier to count over two thousand items under extreme pressure than build one of our desks (with a full set of tools even suppplied).

Watching them look at those "works in any country" instruction sheets and using those funky locking connectors brought back many not-so-fond memories of building scandanavian furniture....

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

The message seemed to be the opposite to me, since the builders all beat the counters.

/Mike

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Well, hmm. When Jonathin said he really wanted kids, and would be perfect because he already had a name for them.. hmm.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Some thoughts on tonight's episode (spoilers)...

• Not much of a travel advertising video for Dakar. That's one place to cross off the "have to see" list.

• The intentional bunching is getting old...and overtly deliberate. Note the shiny new laser printed, laminated hours sign hanging on the rusty, aged gate of the cemetery.

• How one can choose going in a rickety boat to catch fish in a swell-filled sea with just string and a hook as opposed to counting fish on land is beyond me. Maybe the Ikea counting exercise left scars from last week. As soon as I saw those swells, unstable boat and the dead fish-filled air, the sea sickness drama was a done deal. In a macabre sort of way, the result of the heaving may have attracted some fish :wink:

• I have never seem more flat tires in my life with this show.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

That was obviously placed there by the TAR people, and they didn't try and hide that fact. I wish they hadn't placed anything there, would have been more interesting to see how the contestants would have dealt with that.

I too didn't understand why the hell anyone would choose fishing over the other task.

/Mike

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I'm dying to know what the final compensation was to Johnathan's man Friday for all of the help. At least Lena and Kristy kissed their local helper on the cheek in an earlier leg. My guess is that he got a high five and a loud, enthusiastic shout before being sent on his way.

While I agree that the cab drivers are pretty crooked, I'd have to say that Kendra showed some patented Ugly American moves when she told the guy that they'd paid him more than he normally makes in a year. That's just cold.

PD (that's Puking Don) and MJ are just slow enough at everything that the non-elimination leg won't mean much for them but another free trip or two before their eventual elimination.

And no thank you very much, I'll not be journeying to Senegal anytime soon. Not even if you told me I could drive in the Paris-Dakar rally.

Next week looks fun... I expect that there will be more to the scene where Hayden tells Bolo that he's "5'5" and on steroids" than what we were shown in the preview. :D

Brad

aldamon

Second Unit
This was the first episode we've watched since season 1. It will probably take some time to get used to the editing. We almost got seasick along with the fisherman! How was it when all of the teams were still alive? Must have been crazy.

Good episode though. We'll probably tune in for the rest of the season.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I think I want to marry Kris, she's totally awesome! " I agree. Even through everything that's going on she has the time to check out the world around her, and she's always smiling. With her it's the little things I love it!

Brent

Didn't actually notice her to much before tonight, but she's really got me now

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

MMMmmmm...Kris.:)

Had my eye on her since ep.1

Oh and Kendra needs a good slap in the face. Can you hear me Jonathan???

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
This season is improving because it seems they are focusing less on all the squabbling that took place in the early episodes. Last night's comedic highlights had to be the sounds of Don puking and Jonathan saying "beep beep" (with subtitles) to the cabbie.

I've seen the last two seasons, but Kris and Jon may be the most composed team I've seen. They don't get flustered or constantly scream at one another. It's no accident that they always finish near the top.

And could Adam be any more of a momma's boy? Yikes.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
That supervisor looked completly disgusted at Adam and Rebeccas performance doing the salt, and I don't blame him.

I live at home myself, if only because I don't make enough to move out on my own yet, and he's giving all of us good stay at homers a bad name :).

Question about the drivers, however. This and other legs of the race,drivers seemed to want more money, even going so far as to follow the contestants afterwards. Is this a case of the drivers getting greedy, or the contestants shorthanding?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It looks like it could just be language barrier issues, as well as the contestants trying to pay in US Dollars rather than Senegalese currency. Do cabbies tend to have exchange rate charts with them most of the time?

That the contestants are making a stink seems to indicate that they haven't had a chance to watch Race #5 yet, though. If I were a contestant, I'd go with a "don't mess around in Africa" rule - between Colin & Christie this summer and the guys who got off track in Race #3 (I think - the cop/firefighter team), it just seems like trouble.

Speaking of cabs, this seems like a fairly weak place for a non-elimination/surrender-your-cash stop - Don and MJ are going to need to take a ferry and cab to the airport, and watching white Americans beg for money in Senegal is just tacky (if not worse).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks