What's new

The Amazing Race 5 a go.... (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
quote:both The Amazing Race and Big Brother 5 are on an hour earlier on Tuesday, August 31 because of the Republican National Convention.

Not in the Pacific time zone. "Check your local listings"

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Spoilers....

That Taxi guy should have considered himself lucky that he got ANY money at all. A five dollar tip was a nice gesture made by the ladies....If I was in that situation, I would have found that rather scary...

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Arrrggghhhh! I missed it! For the second week in a row! Thought I could catch it on Saturday and Football! Thought I would stay away from this thread so that I could at least see the previously on... since I still didn't know what happened, so of course I missed the post that said it was on an hour earlier this wek! I cannot win!

Ric

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Phil: "Brandon and Nicole, you're the last team to arrive."

Brad: Yahooo!!!!!!

Phil: "But the good news is..."

Brad: Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now I'm finally rooting for Chip and Kim like pretty much everyone else, but surprisingly enough the Moms have slipped to third place for me. Their constant, high-pitched woe-is-me nattering has grown tiresome. I still want B&N gone, and I really want Colin to lose in the most humiliating manner possible. That leaves the twins as the least of four evils.

And damnit! I wanted to see a shaved head!
furious.gif

Brad

Joshua_W

Second Unit
They should've made them shave their heads in order to stay in the game after they placed last.

Or given them a choice between their hair and their money.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The taxi incident was probably caused by a misunderstanding, but I would still have been pissed. Then again, I was suspicious about it right away, it seemed odd he would just lead them there (I assumed it was because he was going there anyway, but it just seemed a bit strange). It was probably still worth the $15 though.
smile.gif

I just don't understand how the twins are still in this. There must be some heavily skewed editing going on, because they seem completely incompetent in everything they do.

I was hoping B & N would be gone. Not that they're bad people or terribly annoying, but they just rub me the wrong way. I couldn't believe she refused to cut her hair and would rather lose the race. Hair grows out again, but a million bucks is hard to come by.
wink.gif

I wish they wouldn't bunch up the non-elimination rounds like this.

/Mike

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I'm with Joshua_W on this one.

Phil: "The good news is that this is a non-elimination round"

Phil: "The bad news is that you both have to get your head shaved.... and lose all your money"

biggrin.gif

Jay

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
i would have shaved my head so fast... it's nothing to let your hair grow an inch and get a hairweave.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe it's back-to-back non-elimination legs. Boo!

I so wanted the models to go bald.

Chip was cracking me up. "Baby, I'll make it up to you."

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
quote:I just don't understand how the twins are still in this. There must be some heavily skewed editing going on, because they seem completely incompetent in everything they do.

Chip and Kim bailed them out once, they've been lucky in hitting equalizers when they're in danger of falling too far behind (and a non-elimination round last week), and they don't spend much time complaining or dwelling on failure. They're almost guaranteed to screw up the first time they try something, but they don't seem phased by it (insert joke about being used to it here).

I think Chip's kind of miscalculating with his apparent plan to set Colin up for a fall; all he seemed to be doing is calming the jerk down. But I don't imagine trying to deliberately piss Colin off is in Chip's nature.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Since Brandon and Nicole are models, shaving their head might not be a good short term career decision.

I thought the fast forward dynamic was very interesting as every team assumed theat someone else had already taken it, but since Colin/Christie were fist and already used it, the FF was free to anyone. Chip/Kim would have been halfway there already because Chip's head is shaved.

Todd

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
quote:I just don't understand how the twins are still in this. There must be some heavily skewed editing going on, because they seem completely incompetent in everything they do.

I agree with Jason—also even though they screw up, they really keep trying. Making the bricks was an example. They were no more competent that Brandon in making bricks, but they kept trying, while the models gave up without (according to the editing) too much of an effort.

Also I think that when teams get really bad they begin to get some breaks. Did anyone else think that the guy judging the bricks got a bit easier as time went on (I thought that some of the twins bricks would have been rejected by him earlier when Chip and Colin were racing).

And does anyone else think that the ‘no money’ bit is a sham? When the Moms lost their money, almost immediately a bus full of tourists pulled up—and some were happy to donate. Then the twins just happened in the middle of the night to find some people who helped them out.

I’m guessing that some lucky occurrence will bail out the models next week as well.

I started thinking about some of the assistance given to the contestants back when they were in Argentina. There were two things: one where they only had to find La Recoleta—if you actually go to that cemetery you don’t find Evita’s family tomb all that easily (the contestants were driven there) and when they left the pit stop getting stuck in the middle of the night was no big deal as there was a handy tractor ready to pull out bogged-down cars (you could see it by the side of the road when many of the contestants drove past).

That could not be coincidence. Therefore, I’m suspicious about the help the teams who lose money get. My wife thinks I’m just crabby.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else amused that everyone seemed to pass on the Yield because it's apparently not sporting? I wonder if they spent so much time on it because someone uses it next week and they wanted to remind the audience that the thing exists, or they were just running short.

I have to say, if you nailed Colin & Christie with this, Colin would probably go ballistic. Of course, he'd also know that you were the one who did it, since your picture goes up too.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I figured they showed the Yield because the sign was so plainly visible along the route that there was no way they could not show it. The teams seemed to all do teh same thing by stepping on it and saying they would yeild no one, like they had done it several times before.

I am also suspicious but about the "pre-planned" nature of the non-elimination rounds. I noticed they cut away from Phil's face and the sound was obviously an overdub when he gave his speil about the non-elimination. Then they showed the model's faces and they were listening intenly to what he was saying and then they got all happy after a few seconds. I would think that the second he said non-elimination, they would be happy.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
quote:The teams seemed to all do teh same thing by stepping on it and saying they would yeild no one, like they had done it several times before.

On the cbs website it states that they have to do this at each yeild. They have to approach it and either say they decide not to yield or that they want to yield and then pick a team.

I didn't understand why they showed it last night either after nobody took it. Maybe they got a lot of mail asking what happened to it and they decided to show it just to say that it is still there.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
quote:I didn't understand why they showed it last night either after nobody took it. Maybe they got a lot of mail asking what happened to it and they decided to show it just to say that it is still there.

And maybe it is going to play a role in the next couple of weeks and CBS is reminding us that they ‘put a gun on the table in the first act’.
wink.gif

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I have to say, if you nailed Colin & Christie with this, Colin would probably go ballistic. Of course, he'd also know that you were the one who did it, since your picture goes up too.>>>

Heh, considering Chip is trying to buddy up Colin, it would be hilarious to see his reaction if Chip used it on Colin next time
smile.gif
. I agree with everyone else and want to see him out of the race next. His lady friend could do a whole lot better than that jerk.

Although I have to say, I felt sad for the Models last night. It was a nice pace to see tem take the Brick challenge so slowly and calmly the second time around, without bickering at each other...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks