What's new

The Amazing Race 4 HTF Challenge (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I see no one has started one of these for any season of The Amazing Race yet so I figured why not lead the way with The Amazing Race 4 only four days away.

Like the Survivor HTF challenges, the only two rules are first come, first serve, and only one selection per HTF member. As each team is eliminated, I'll strike them off the list.

Here is the list of teams, more info can be found at CBS The Amazing Race website, along with a general HTF discussion thread here. I'll list each member with their age and occupation on the first two lines, followed by a line with their relationship to each other and then a line stating where they're from. As each team is picked, I'll denote the selection with a line in bold print above the selected team:

Michael selected:
Amanda, 25, Medical Technician
Chris, 28, Freelance Graphic Designer
Dating
Sioux Falls, SD

Daniel Kikin selected:
David, 32, Owns Marketing Agency
Jeff, 37, Real Estate Broker
Best Friends
Los Angeles, CA

Debra, 49, Artist's Colony Director
Steve, 40, Radio News Director
Married Parents
Louisville, KY

Patrick Sun selected:
Jon, 40, Clown ("Human Cannonball")
Al, 34, Clown for a Cruise Ship
Best Friends / Clowns
Long Island, NY

Jason Merrick selected:
Kelly, 30, Model
Jon, 28, Real Estate Agent
Engaged
Miami, FL

Mark Pfeiffer selected:
Millie, 29, Environmental Teacher at Aquarium
Chuck, 28, Self-Employed
Dating 12 Years / Virgins
Chattanooga, TN

Andy_R selected:
Monica, 29, Mother / Homemaker
Sheree, 29, Mother / Homemaker
NFL Wives / Moms
Duluth, GA

:star::star: Winner :star::star:
Chris_Morris selected:
Reichen, 29, Pilot
Chip, 36, Consultant / Entrepreneur
Married
Los Angeles, CA

Jay H selected:
Russell, 32, Model / Actor / Entrepreneur
Cindy, 39, Inventor
Friends / Dating
Hermosa Beach, CA & Los Angeles, CA

Bill Gato selected:
Steve, 46, Air Traffic Controller
Dave, 43, Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controllers
Chicago, IL

brentl selected:
Steve, 47, Juvenile Detention Facility Supervisor
Josh, 21, Computer Technician
Father & Son
Santa Barbara, CA & Los Angeles, CA

Joel Mack selected:
Tian, 30, Actress / Singer
Jaree, N/A, Model / Actress
Friends / Models
Miami Beach, FL

I'll take David and Jeff, based on the winning formula for the first two races.

The 90 minute premiere airs this Thursday, May 29, at 8 PM on CBS. Good luck to all and enjoy the race!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I'll take Jon and Al, not nothing other than I can't resist voting for two clowns. :D

Can't wait til the first episode!

Jay H

[edit ] Ahhhh you rat! Patrick, you took my choice... Damm you to Heck. Great....I'll probably get stuck with the virgins now... (Why would somebody put that in their bio?)

mmmmm I guess I'll go for Russell and Cindy, their not clowns but maybe they can invent a magic babelfish device and translate all foreign languages into English.

I hope the clowns get a pie in their faces, ppffffttttt

Jay

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Since Patrick also took my first pick (what is it about the clowns?), I'll take Reichen and Chip. They seem like a cross between Team Guido (well traveled, lived in many different countries, married gay couple) and Chris and Alex (physically fit, compete in atheletic competitions).

Chris

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll take Steve/Josh. They seem to be the last group that has a chance.

I wish I had of rung in a little earlier, I would have jumped all over Millie and Chuck.

Brent

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Amanda & Chris!!

Thanks.

Edit: Here is a bit from their BIO.
He admits that traveling takes him out of the comfort zone and causes some nervousness. He also has a fear of heights and is leery of flying. He's a perfectionist and tends to be overly critical. During the Race, he plans not only to make fun of the other contestants, but he will also "scheme, betray, plot and backstab more than any other contestant." At the same time, Chris says, Amanda will make peace with the other contestants so as not to upset too many people.
They sound wacky! I'll take em. :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
But you haven't seen any of them run yet, and have no idea who they are except what's in a bio. Frankly I think it would be a much better idea to do this after a few eps air

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Daniel,

I'll take Steve and Dave if they're still available. I don't hold out much hope for this pair because these two guys don't look fit enough to win any grueling physical challenges.

However, I think that they will fare better than the football wives in pressure situations (due to their occupations as air-traffic controllers) and they just might beat out Debra and Steve (I have no specific reason for believing this...just a hunch).

I'm looking forward to this Thursday's premiere and this contest.

Thanks for organizing this game, Daniel.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Bill, but I have to give a lot of the credit for the idea to Mark Pfeiffer and Michael, who started this with the Survivor challenges, which have always made it more fun to watch the show. Since. With the long holiday weekend and TAR4 days away, I had the time to get one going to keep us busy through the summer. Hopefully there will be a fifth edition and more so we can make this more than a one-time thing for TAR. Enjoy!

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I guess I'll take Debra and Steve. I was surprised last time how far the old married couple could go.

And I so wanted the vigins too...;)

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Once Steve started crying, I knew I was in trouble. I screamed, "There's no crying in the Amazing Race!" to no avail. Then Debra set the record for slowest speed ever when crossing the wire. I expected the models to climb over her.

Oh well.

Hey, since no one else has them, can I take the NFL wifes?

All-in-all, a very good show.

-Andy

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I was actually going to offer that, I guess you beat me to it :)

If it's okay with everyone else, I'll switch your pick. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon just to be sure.

As an fyi, next week I won't be able to see TAR until Saturday night or Sunday so I won't be able to update the challenge until then.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
No problem with me, it's not like there is money involved anyway! Russell and Cindy had it going at the start, but seem to get slowed down by the bus ticket, but they did get on the 4am bus so they seemed to do OK. They did finish at or very near the last of the 3am bus teams but it's still way early in the race anyway.

Jay

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Andy, you're all set, but if the NFL Wives come in last place next week, I can't help you :)

For a minute, I thought I'd be the one asking to switch after David and Jeff had their detour mix-up.

Another great start to a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks