What's new

The Amazing Race 12 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I know, the producers lied about no non-elimination legs. I did wish the first NEL would have came the leg before.

The Speed Bump is an interesting twist, an improvement over the previous penalties. I never liked the idea of begging for money, and the 30-minute penalty is just boring.

Nice to see Florence in the background.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

Next season to win the Fast Forward you have to sign over your soul to the Devil (or possibly the Travelocity Gnome). :)

Or did they already do that on Fear Factor?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I know, the producers lied about no non-elimination legs.

Did they actually say there wouldn't be any?

I was surprised by the tattoo, considering how many people would have had an objection to it. I'd have passed on it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah, bummer. I liked the gothlollies a lot; it's a bummer that while they had no compunctions about using the u-turn, they didn't use it on the team where it would have proved really useful.

I don't know if I'd go that far - I think they're just poorly matched - but I dig Jen. As Don said about the Latina gals, "a little bitchy, but you could learn to live with it."

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Is it me or has this season's Amazing Race aired without a team that the majority of viewers found annoying (Mirna & Shmirna)?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, they did a good job of bouncing them in the first couple weeks. And though the teams aren't really annoying, watching Christina and Ronald is sort of horrifying and a little of Nathan and Jen can sometimes go a long way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kevin: I've been chewing for awhile and it feels like I've got a mouthful of gristle. I'm not getting anywhere. :)

"Astrid"? "TARDIS?" The only part of that I can guess at is "TAR" for The Amazing Race. What's the rest...and WHAT are you talking about?! :D

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up with the 5 episodes I've had on the DVR, so now I can finally come back here and read this thread again!

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Thank goodness Nate and Jen were finally put out of their misery. She literally gave me a headache watching the episode. Ron and Christina had a big advantage with her being able to speak Japanese and Chinese, which made cab rides a quick and smooth process.

I would be fine with any of the final three teams winning the million dollars now. Only Nate/Jen winning would have made me throw up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I think we were the ones who had the misery removed when they came in last. :)

I agree completely that I could be happy with any of the three remaining teams...although I think I'm pulling just a little bit more for Don and Nick.

============================

It was fascinating to watch Nate & Jen implode during this episode. As TK & Rachel methodically clawed back into the picture...Nate & Jen (Jen especially) couldn't handle it.

I mean, here are the four teams all arriving together at the immigration lines (I think Ron & Christine may have been ahead) and as Nick & Don and TK & Rachel embraced the excitement of the race and the closeness of the competition ("I guess the race is 'on'")...Nate & Jen just fell apart and were pissing & moaning about how "they couldn't take it." It was remarkable about how the remaining three teams are embracing their situations and handling them in a positive manner. Even Ron...and, frankly, I think it is nothing short of a miracle the way he has adjusted his attitude over the last few episodes (since the paper-hanging challenge).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
And Christina is a smart racer, making sure that they paid economy fare for their airline tickets. Getting the first flight out made the difference for them.

It'll be nice to see a family team win this race for a change. Ron & Chris are the biggest surprise this season, considering parent/child teams generally don't do well in the race (Nancy & Emily being the only exception until now) and it looked like multiple teams they would implode.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
LOL, Thai food indeed. And be sure to eat it in Ta-pai, as they called Taipei. Duh.

The thing about Nate and Jen is that they spent virtually the entire season obsessing about how the other teams were doing, particularly the Goths, Ron/Christina/the Hippies, and less and less about how they were doing themselves. In the end, that obsession really distracted them. It was pretty disingenuous of them to whine about how TK/Rachel supposedly slacked their way through the entire leg, speed bump included. How lame was that? If anything, they should give TK/Rachel props for working so hard to get back into the game.

I do feel a bit bad for Nate because it's obvious to me that Jen is the one who is such a drama queen. Nate seems like a more level headed person. Hanging out with Jen stresses him out more than he realizes.

Personally, I am hoping Ron/Christina win. Ron's behavior towards her really turned me off, especially since I am Chinese and can sympathize with her and the way parents treat their kids, but I give him a lot of credit for really changing and treating his daughter with more respect.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

"I can't believe you're treating me this way on my birthday!"

:laugh:

She's a handful (without a doubt)...but I'm not ready to completely let him off the hook for his share of the blame.

Nate and Jen sure do make a compelling case, though, for the detrimental effects of negative energy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Buh' bye Nate and Jen, thank you for flying with us.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I like all the teams left so it doesn't matter who wins now. But if I had to choose one it would be TK and Rachel.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My impressionable 17-year-old son was having fun contrasting the way Nate & Jen and TK & Rachel were handling differences of opinion!

When TK & Rachel were stressing a bit about finding their next clue in that "floating garden" all you heard were a few curt "well, GOOD!"s. :D This is opposed to the every-few-minute scream fests that Nate & Jen were having at the time (all the while obsessing about TK & Rachel were up to).

Who says reality TV isn't educational?!?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I must say, I thought the premiere was pretty weak, and that the first few episodes were ok but nothing special. But the Goth non-elim episode just completely turned things around and every episode since has been phenomenal. Best season comeback since TAR3.

Go Nick and Don!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks