What's new

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

These guys are whom I'm rooting for. Very likable in season 1. But Drew seems like he's really not in good health for this race. Besides the spill he took getting out of the van, he was actually outrun at the start by Charla?! Kevin was leading him around by the arm later on.

Things don't look good for my guys. Too bad.

EDIT** Oh. And, Kentucky (surprise!) really didn't come off as too bright in this episode. First, they don't ask which flight will arrive first before booking the slower flight. Then, they lie to the models, but run and tell their friends the truth (not too stealth-like!). The friends then turn-around and take flight to the other airline with everyone else on their tail. D'oh!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kentucky is mainly cannon fodder, as are Kevin and Drew. But the big surprise was who actually showed up in last place, never even thought that was a possibility on the leg to the first pitstop of the race.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
And they're off! :cool:

Having only heard of Rob and Amber and never seeing them before tonight, I can honestly say that they must go (sorry, Wendy if you read this)! It took all of a minute for them to begin irritating me lol.

Arrrgg, team Guido is back from season 1, these jerks, too, must be taken down, i'll never forgive or forget what dirty players they are, with any luck they'll get left behind again like they did in S1.

Dustin and Candace are back! :) As are Kevin and Drew who kept me in stitches during S1 which I just watched last week, I really hope they go far, but as was mentioned Drew didn't look well.

Love this show, my all time favorite reality show, nothing moves as fast and is as fun IMO.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I believe Kentucky are out of their element with this group. Should be interesting to see a blowup between Romber and Ian and Terri that is reportedly coming;
Best
Greg

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Hope the Vapid Smilers go away FAST!
Loved the 'I-fell-stupidly-so-I'm-gonna-pretend-I-dislocated-my-shoulder' part!
Don't know Rob & Amber whatsoever, but they're so full of themselves that it ain't even funny.
And John Vito...getting beat by Kentucky...no wonder you're OUT.

Todd Henry

Second Unit

The delay was caused by golf going to a playoff and running into the 7 PM hour. Shouldn't be a concern for the next couple of weeks as golf moves to NBC, but when the NCAA tourney starts it might be delayed slightly again.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Ditto. Still love the same teams from last time, still don't like the ones I didn't like last time.

Rob/Amber are still irritating, loved what JV had to say about them. Can't wait to see them eliminated, since the Chas would otherwise be the stars of the season.

Kevin/Drew...painful to watch. Still love the guys, and I wish they'd included the Insider clip where they explain why Drew isn't doing so well. Drew is a court officer, who, between season 1 and All Stars was involved in a big courtroom brawl that killed his back pretty much. Wonder why his backpack was so big, and why Charla was able to outrun him? He has an entire bag just for back medications.

It wouldn't have been All Stars without them, but at the same time, kind of like Rudy in Survivor All Stars...put them out of their misery quickly so as not to ruin their legacy. I kind of wish their slot had gone to Ken/Gerard, another equally fantastic team that seems to be in better physical condition.

Another interesting Insider clip, Chip (half of the winning team from TAR4) was actually at the airport in Miami and gave some tips to Charla/Mirna.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't Uchenna and Joyce's introduction in season 7 that their marriage was breaking down, they can't have a baby, and they don't have two pennies to rub together.

Four seasons later, their introduction is that their marriage is breaking down and they can't have a baby. (Obviously, as past winners, they can't have the poverty appeal any more.)

I don't know - for some reason, that really annoyed me, and actually turned me off them, even though I really liked them in their first race.

The great thing about the All-Stars race is just that we're familiar with all the teams (except for, in my case, the teams from the first two races, which I never watched). So there's no real down-time (despite the introductions) - we already know the people, we don't spend the entire episode going "Who are they again?"

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad that Rob and Amber are FINALLY getting some TV exposure.

Let's hope we see them on Big Brother this summer.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alrighty, this Rob and Amber are a pain in the ass so far lol.

I want them gone before I vomit all over myself.

Kevin and Drew :frowning:.

Horrible episode.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a riot. Did you not see Charla fall out of frame during the tire change? :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I was just fuming because Rob and Amber came in first AGAIN. That trend must end, it's like a NASCAR race where one driver keeps winning all the time, it gets boring, especially when you don't like the driver. It also didn't help my mood that team Guido is still in it.

It was a tense race to the pit stop, though.

Mike Prades

Agent
Anybody know what's wrong with Drew? He looks very ill and his heart was obviously not in the race since the very start.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Someone here stated that he hurt his back somehow, I don't think he's really sick more that he was just in constant pain because of his back, falling down didn't help, either.

I think he'll be fine once he's back home and no longer exerting himself but he was definitely not in any condition to run this race, Kevin being his friend should have talked him out of it, that's what I would have done anyway.

I feel bad for them, but he gave it a shot.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah. I gotta figure there was more wrong with Drew than what happened with that fall and his shoulder in episode 1.

Too bad. I wanted them to win. You could certainly tell, though, it wasn't in the cards from the beginning. He was in such a bad place I'm actually glad to see the race be over for him.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, hated seeing Kevin/Drew go because I loved them in TAR1 but it's for the best.

Drew is a senior court officer, and in the years since TAR1, he severely hurt his back in a courtroom brawl. If you saw how big his backpack was, he had an entire separate bag just for his back medications. He really should not have been there but I guess he didn't want to let Kevin down.

If you watch their Elimination Station video at CBS.com they're definitely more in that TAR1 vibe; ditto for their Parting Words video.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Well, not reading the freaking instructions didn't help their cause.
"SPEEDER!"
Deserved to be kicked off for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks