The Amazing Race 11/28/01 (Possible Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Arrrrgggghhhh, I knew it, I knew it!!!!!
    It seems like there was a note in the first package that they got saying somebody was going to get eliminated cause you hear one of the teams reading it aloud. Yet, it seems that the Guidos did not know last week was a non-elimination round or at least it looked like it by their expressions and stuff. Is this another case of editing to manipulate us or do they really know if that week is an elimination round or not?
    P.S. I've been to Jiangtan (sp?) Park which is right outside the Forbidden Palace and a lovely park too. Also the Temple of Heaven I think is the place they ended at. And I've had chicken feet before (very bony, my parents eat that all the time) and squid is great!
    P.S.S. And I'm kind of disappointed with the ping pong, I thought they'd have a real ringer in there. Frank must have played alot more since it looked like he was using a Penhold grip and it's funny how Rob and Brennon had such a bad time of it at the match since they didn't have a good serve and didn't seem to know how to use any topspin, the kid was having a field day! [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I was so miffed that Team Greedo came in third, booting off Kevin and Drew.

But, I wonder how they'll equalize the position of the remaining 3 teams for an exciting finish (from the previews, it looks pretty grueling).

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Well, since you see dog sledding in the opening theme and they showed them climbing a snow bank with an ice axe, one presumes they'll have to go to Alaska or Siberia (and since many flights going to Asia from the East cost go over Alaska anyway) I wouldn't be surprised if the organizers either put a natural bottleneck or automatically erase all time advantages. I bet Frank/Margarite & Rob/Brennan still have a decent sized lead over the Greedos at this point.
    I wonder how Rob or Brennan's finger injury is going to affect them in the snowy ascent?
    I think the "rickshaw" race between Kevin and Drew & Bert and Ernie was hilarious...[​IMG]
    Jay

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Yeah, have to admit that mini-race between The frat boys and team Greedo was pretty entertaining. They should have played the them to "Chariots of Fire" during the rickshaw race, and throw in some slow motion during that part of the race.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I really enjoyed this episode. The only real question I've got is ... Don't the "fatties" know with direction the sun rises in???
    Go to the SOUTH entrance >>> NOOOOOooo they go to the west entrance .... or something like that ...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ??? ARRGGHHH!
    I'd think the other 2 teams have a big enough advantage to win easily.
    WE're in the final 3 WAH WAH WAH[​IMG]
    Brent L

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

7. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I'm sorry to see the Baldies go. I guess I'm rooting for Frank & Margarita.

So does this mean there are only 2 more episodes to go? I know the final episode is going to run after Survivor.

8. David Oliver

David Oliver Second Unit

I was dying during that "chariot" race, especially when it ended up not meaning anything. Drew and Kevin basically got eliminated a coupleof episodes ago when they spent way too much time looking for that car (the episode where Team Momily got eliminated).

I don't think there will be any evening up , although there may be some, I think Team Guido is just too far behind. It looks like they are going to have to go into some pretty frigid water at some point next week. I am rooting for Frank and Margherita, allthough I wouldn't mind Team Esquire so much either.

9. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    What do you guys think about Frank??? In the shots you see of him, he's almost always berating Margarita to the point that he seems very arragant... I'm kind of turned off by him but as a team, they seem to be managing it well and Margarita seems to take all of it in stride.

Jay

10. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

11. Alex S

Alex S Second Unit

I knew team Guido would make it, they are so lucky.

They should have been eliminated in either of the past 2 shows.

I was rooting for the frat brothers to win.

They were the funniest team by far.

I can't believe Drew couldn't eat faster than he did.

He was eating too slow, he should have gulped it down as fast as he could. That could have been the difference.

Team Guido will be eliminated next for sure. They are so far behind plus next week's preview looks really tough.

12. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    There is no more elimination rounds, that's been mentioned on the show already... Which is why I think there's got to be a bottleneck somewhere cause it certainly not that interesting for two of the teams to have a huge lead on the third... Somethings got to make it close I think..

Jay

13. David Oliver

David Oliver Second Unit

Nah, i think two teams is enough for competitive tension. They can edit it to make it seem like Team Guido is catching up or something, but I just do not see that happening, I think they are almost a whole day behind.

14. LARUE

LARUE Stunt Coordinator

It could even up with one difficult Airport (like one of the Guidos said "the great equalizer").

I'm really gonna miss Kevin and Drew. The only team with a sense of humor, but also some real heart.

I don't think if you dropped me in a cab in China I'd know where the sun rose or set.

Frank was back to his old rude self this episode. If it wasn't for Margarita's brain he'd be long gone. Looks like his muscles will be valuable soon though.

15. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

You just have to throw in a task that can only be performed at certain times of the day to get things equaled up. It's happened numerous times already.