The Alice in Chains SACD is incredible!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Nov 19, 2001.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I have been floored by the sound quality of SACDs before, but not in awhile like the way I was by the Alice in Chains Greatest Hits SACD. It is simply outstanding sonically. I also own the CD and put both discs in a Sony SCD-C555ES changer and listened to both extensively (stereo track only on the SACD). To say there is no comparison is an understatement. One of my favorite Alice in Chains songs is "No Excuses", and I can't get over how good this song sounds on the SACD. There is so much more air and depth around the instruments on the SACD it isn't even funny. The CD is practically useless to me now, except I will use it in the car. It's SACDs like this one that make me want to go out and buy every one I can find. Truly amazing.

I'll try to listen to the multi-channel SACD track tomorrow night. That should be interesting.

2. Mark F Hall

Mark F Hall Agent

Where did you find it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Mark

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mark, I got the Alice in Chains SACD at the J&R Music World store in New York City (Park Row) on Sunday. They had several copies priced at $19.99. None of the Best Buy stores I checked in Delaware, Philly, and New Jersey had it prior. Of course, you could always get it online from a variety of dealers.

By the way, J&R has the best selection of SACDs I have seen yet at a brick-and-mortar store (i.e., better than Tower Records and Best Buy stores). I was also at the Tower Records in Greenwich Village on Sunday, and their SACD selection was paltry in comparison to J&R's.

4. Mark F Hall

Mark F Hall Agent

Thank's Keith! I just found that my local circuit city is carrying SACDs now. No Alice In Chains yet but they had Roger Waters In The Flesh: Live on SACD and it is great.

Thanks Again,

Mark

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

No problem, Mark. My parents live in suburban Philly and I'll be up there for a few days over the holiday weekend, so I'll have to check out the Circuit City near them. Thanks for the info. By the way, how much was In the Flesh?

6. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

7. Mark F Hall

Mark F Hall Agent

Keith,

Roger Waters In The Flesh: Live was $28.99.

It is a 2 disc set with multi-channel and stereo tracks.

Mark