The Agony of Defeat. Hurricanes destroy Cornhuskers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlos_E, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Stunt Coordinator

I am still relishing my Miami Hurricanes' football National Championship.
    The picture in the link below shows what it was like being a Nebraska fan on January 3, 2002. The feeling displayed came as the realization set in that Nebraska was getting absolutely HAMMERED!!!
    I specially love this picture because I had friends who went to the Rose Bowl in California. My friends tell me that a lot of the Nebraska fans were loud, cocky and obnoxious.
    I would have payed big money for the chance to be sitting behind the guy in the picture and push that big hat over his head.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Please click below and enjoy. As Robocop would say, "Thank you for your Cooperation".
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/galler...wl_prb168.html

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Carlos said:

3. Carlos_E

Keith

Those were the old Canes. We are much more well behaved now. We have matured.

You are not still testy from the licking we put on your Lions this year are you?

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Carlos, I know the 'Canes program has become more respectable in recent years. Butch Davis did a great job there, and I don't just mean with wins and losses. To my mind, there is more to college football than merely wins and losses. The 'Canes football program now represents its university in a respectable fashion. Maybe the fans have followed suit. That would be nice. However, Miami fans don't have a tradition of being the most classy just as Nebraska fans don't have a tradition of being cocky and obnoxious.

You said:

5. Carlos_E

Keith. I am sure there are some Nebraska fans whose behavior is less than ideal. And it is probably these fans that my friends came in contact with in California.

My comments are based on the ones my friends had contact with. I do not make a statement to whether they represent the majority of Nebraska fans. Thank you.

I respect the Nittany Lions. They made us eat our words in the National Championship game for the 1986 season. Miami was talking a lot of Smack then, parading with Army fatigues. You shut us down.

Still, the picture in the link is funny right?

Peace

Carlos

6. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Carlos, regardless of how good a reputation a school enjoys for its fan base, there will obviously be bad apples in every crowd. I suspect that is what your friends observed in Pasadena.
    Yes, the picture is amusing. [​IMG]