What's new

The age old question, which SVS for me? (1 Viewer)

Travis

Second Unit
Right now I have a modest ht system. It includes a polk 6700 surround sound system mated to a sony 2es with a sony sawx700 subwoofer. The sub houses 2 10" woofers mated to a 250 watt amp. Now the sub actually does a fairly good job for what it is. But as my name suggests I love bass and am in need of more. I plan on upgrading to an axiom system in the next few months but I want another sub first. My ht room (which is my living room unfortunately), measures app. 14 ft x 20 ft and has a large uncloseable opening which opens into a dining room which is 10ft x 14ft which has a small doorway which opens into the kitchen. The ceilings are 8'. Now I listen to about 10% music 90% ht. I was originally looking at the 25-31 pc plus but am thinking I would like a little lower tune. So I am trying to decide between the cs ultra single package or the pb2 plus. Which would you recommend and why. Also should I keep the sony sub or would it not even be noticed? Thanks.

Travis

Second Unit
Some of you are probably confused with the "as my name suggests" line. On the other message boards my name is bass addict. Forgot that it is my name on this one. LOL

Sebastian

Second Unit
Have you sent an e-mail to Tom or Ron? IMO they will give you the best advice and most accurate. Tom is real quick and you will probably get a reply in few hours. The SVS website has Q/A that may help and you can do search, keyword: "SVS" on this forum and we will see ya next winter. Good luck!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
And the age-old response: email SVS with your details and room info, and ask.

;)

They really are quite helpful, and knowledgeable. (and honest about other subs that are very good that they don't make).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks