What's new

International The African Queen -Masters of Cinema UK Release (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And to help get this back on track .. is there anywhere an evaluation of this UK 'African Queen' vis-a-vis the US Warner edition?
The video presentation being the same is confirmed by this review. I think most of us knew it would be the same. I bought it for the additional bonus stuff including having the Jack Cardiff audio commentary now on the Blu-ray so I can get rid of that old DVD with that commentary.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My copy arrived today: it looks wonderful, but it is very hard to get the disc and book out of the slip-case, as it is way too tight: you will have to try and wedge a finger in to pry them out. Fortunately that does not seem to damage the slip-case.

Mine arrived today. As Paul warned, good luck getting it out of the slipcase.

You two weren't kidding. I just got this today and I had a dickens of a time getting that thing out. I was sure I was going to damage either the book or the blu-ray case. Now I'm afraid to put the case back in!

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Amazingly it looks like the case is both too short (the booklet can't stand up straight inside it without forcing it) and too thin for its contents. And I have also not dared attempt putting it all back in there haha.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Got this in the mail yesterday. That was a doozy getting it out of the slipcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks