What's new

The 1960's

Premium
Real Name
Neal Rose
Wow, a 9.0 for a book that's nearly 75 years old!
I have others that are much higher graded from the Golden-Age that I could post here but it might reveal my secret identity.
icon_e_secret.gif

The 1960's

Premium
Real Name
Neal Rose

Sky King

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to meet Noel Neill and Jack Larson several times. They were the most down to earth people you could meet and loved doing the show.
I also met John Hamilton’s (Perry White) son and Bill Shayne’s (Inspector Henderson) daughter. Both equally as friendly.

John

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Neal,

I loved in that top picture of Superman's world the terrific imp Mr. Mxyzptlk lounging on a cloud waiting to contract some mischief. Brought back such memories of my childhood infatuation with Superman.

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to meet Noel Neill and Jack Larson several times. They were the most down to earth people you could meet and loved doing the show.
I also met John Hamilton’s (Perry White) son and Bill Shayne’s (Inspector Henderson) daughter. Both equally as friendly.

John
Wow! How long ago did u meet John Hamilton's son? Did you speak with him about his dads long career?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Interesting... I have a copy of that Flash vs. Superman rematch as well as the original Superman vs. Flash race issue of Superman. I recall having a copy of the Lois Lane 80pg. Giant you show. I have no idea about condition - haven't looked at them in years. They're all in a long box of stuff I purchased when I was a kid. Guess I should go through it again...

The 1960's

Premium
Real Name
Neal Rose
Neal,

I loved in that top picture of Superman's world the terrific imp Mr. Mxyzptlk lounging on a cloud waiting to contract some mischief. Brought back such memories of my childhood infatuation with Superman.
Hey Matt. I thought that would look nice posting it at the top and turning its sideways. It's the b/c of Superman Annual #6!

Interesting... I have a copy of that Flash vs. Superman rematch as well as the original Superman vs. Flash race issue of Superman. I recall having a copy of the Lois Lane 80pg. Giant you show. I have no idea about condition - haven't looked at them in years. They're all in a long box of stuff I purchased when I was a kid. Guess I should go through it again...
Yes I had the first original Superman vs. Flash race but it wasn't high grade enough so I sold it some time ago. I've always concentrated on collecting only ultra high grade books.

Glad you guys got a kick out of these!

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Add my name to the list of kids who had a towel for a cape and flew through the house on his two feet, body bent at the waist!

We had a large Admiral TV in the family room, and early on, my parents had a portable in their bedroom, where I would attach my towel cape, lay across their bed facing the TV and be ready at a moments notice to fly along with Clark, just in case he needed some back-up!

Last time I did that, I accidentally rolled off the bed and broke a leg.

The doctor says the cast can come off this Friday.;)

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Is that George Reeves house?

To me, the exterior of that house house just oozes backlot.
They have a certain look to them that stands out, to me.
Plus, setting on a curve like that with a small lawn and non-grey-ish looking cement, but I could be wrong.

Also, the faux-looking brickwork in the kitchen, looks like a set, to me, anyway.

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
To me, the exterior of that house house just oozes backlot.
They have a certain look to them that stands out, to me.
Plus, setting on a curve like that with a small lawn and non-grey-ish looking cement, but I could be wrong.

Also, the faux-looking brickwork in the kitchen, looks like a set, to me, anyway.
No doubt Kitchen set -- after looking at outside again maybe RKO backlot? Looks like the later My Three Sons house when the show moved to a different studio

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
...after looking at outside again maybe RKO backlot? Looks like the later My Three Sons house when the show moved to a different studio
For a brief second, I thought it was the Lethal Weapon facade (after seeing so many of them up close and personal, they have a certain look to me, no matter what style of house it is), but not only was that houuse not on a curve, it was on the Warner Ranch lot and a two-story house at that.
Not that they couldn't have added a second story later, but doubtful that they would.
More likely, they'da just built a two-story one from scratch, on the same plot or elsewhere.

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
For a brief second, I thought it was the Lethal Weapon facade (after seeing so many of them up close and personal, they have a certain look to me, no matter what style of house it is), but not only was that houuse not on a curve, it was on the Warner Ranch lot and a two-story house at that.
Not that they couldn't have added a second story later, but doubtful that they would.
More likely, they'da just built a two-story one from scratch, on the same plot or elsewhere.
098f66061cfdc6453769ee7e903e1d8a.jpg

It's the My Three Sons house! This is it. The Lethal Weapon house is also the old Hazel house and yes part of the Warner Ranch/Columbia lot where Bewitched, Donna Reed Father Knows Best Dennis The Menace and Partridge Family resided --- goes back to the old Blondie Films

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
...after looking at outside again maybe RKO backlot? Looks like the later My Three Sons house when the show moved to a different studio
For a brief second, I thought it was the Lethal Weapon facade (after seeing so many of the up close and personal, they have a certain look to ), but not only was in not on a curve, it was on the Warner Ranch lot and a two-story house at that.
More likely, they'da just built a two-story one from scratch.
098f66061cfdc6453769ee7e903e1d8a.jpg

It's the My Three Sons house! This is it. The Lethal Weapon house is also the old Hazel house and yes part of the Warner Ranch/Columbia lot where Bewitched, Donna Reed Father Knows Best Dennis The Menace and Partridge Family resided --- goes back to the old Blondie Films
And if I'm not mistaken, The Three Stooges as well.

Once when I was there, facing the Dennis house to the right at the end of the street, were some multiple story buildings that looked like the ones they used in the census takers short, and I also recognized the saloon on western street as the one they used.

Woo woo woo woo...It soooitinly made my day.

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
For a brief second, I thought it was the Lethal Weapon facade (after seeing so many of the up close and personal, they have a certain look to ), but not only was in not on a curve, it was on the Warner Ranch lot and a two-story house at that.
More likely, they'da just built a two-story one from scratch.

And if I'm not mistaken, The Three Stooges as well.

Once when I was there, facing the Dennis house to the right at the end of the street, were some multiple story buildings that looked like the ones they used in the census takers short, and I also recognized the saloon on western street as the one they used.

Woo woo woo woo...It soooitinly made my day.
Right you are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesmoviesapp
Recent bookmarks