What's new

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet [complete series box set] (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Didn't Rick Nelson's son Sam Nelson say he was having the complete series of 435 episodes remastered and released? That was apparently released back some years ago.

Anything new about that set?

The sets of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet that are out don't have good reviews. The box set (of like 100 episodes) that I see on Amazon has horrid reviews about poor video and audio quality. There's bootleg sets everywhere, but there's nothing legitimate out there it seems.

What gives?

1626183402301.png

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
This set that's on Amazon has pretty bad reviews. The main complaint is about the video and audio quality.

1626183532430.png

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I have it as well. Some of the episodes are quite good like 103 episodes I selected as worthy of a download from archive.org, while others are just watchable like many of these here at YouTube. If you really love this show wait for the forthcoming release. If you've never seen O&H definitely worth waiting for!!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Now does anyone know if the entire series is coming out soon or will Sam and MPI just release a season or two at a time? If the latter happens, it might still take a couple years or more to get everything released. I do hope a lot of the original commercials are included right in the episodes like in some of the public domain episodes out there.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Now does anyone know if the entire series is coming out soon or will Sam and MPI just release a season or two at a time? If the latter happens, it might still take a couple years or more to get everything released. I do hope a lot of the original commercials are included right in the episodes like in some of the public domain episodes out there.
I think this is the only info known so far:

"So what’s the big news? I'm happy to report that we have a new partner in place with MPI Home Video for the production and distribution of the restored episodes. This allows us to move things forward in a major way. We've been focused on remastering the best quality and most complete episodes possible. This collaboration has facilitated digging deeper to fix episodes that were missing elements. The time is being taken to hunt down extra footage to make things right in addition to putting together new and previously-unavailable bonus material. A formal announcement is forthcoming this summer but I’m excited to let you Kickstarter supporters hear the news first. The initial release is planned before the year is out. I will fill you in soon on specifics, but look for a meticulously curated “greatest episodes" collection as well as chronologically complete season releases of all 435 episodes as promised."

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I think this is the only info known so far:

"So what’s the big news? I'm happy to report that we have a new partner in place with MPI Home Video for the production and distribution of the restored episodes. This allows us to move things forward in a major way. We've been focused on remastering the best quality and most complete episodes possible. This collaboration has facilitated digging deeper to fix episodes that were missing elements. The time is being taken to hunt down extra footage to make things right in addition to putting together new and previously-unavailable bonus material. A formal announcement is forthcoming this summer but I’m excited to let you Kickstarter supporters hear the news first. The initial release is planned before the year is out. I will fill you in soon on specifics, but look for a meticulously curated “greatest episodes" collection as well as chronologically complete season releases of all 435 episodes as promised."
Thank you. I might have seen this a while back, but was wondering if another update was available.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower

Anyone else buy (or going to buy) this set from Time Life? There's two different sets available: one with 50 episodes for five payments of $19.99, and another set with 100 episodes for five payments of $39.98.

I've looked into possibly getting it, but I might just wait for it to hit Amazon or eBay or buy it there.

Has anybody heard anything about these sets... The good and the bad.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary

Anyone else buy (or going to buy) this set from Time Life? There's two different sets available: one with 50 episodes for five payments of $19.99, and another set with 100 episodes for five payments of $39.98.

I've looked into possibly getting it, but I might just wait for it to hit Amazon or eBay or buy it there.

Has anybody heard anything about these sets... The good and the bad.
You should be in this thread. Start around post 390.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks