What's new

Pre-Order The Adventures of Don Juan (1948) (Warner Archive) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Sorry. I thought it was common knowledge.
Some people don't want to know or don't care about what kind of person their favorite film stars are in real life. They only care about how "good" an actor they are and how good is the film.

I'm in that camp. For me, an actor's personal life has zero bearing on how well they perform on screen. Even if it *does* impact performances, I just don't care. But, then, I'm not "star struck" by any means and couldn't care less about an actor's personal life.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Some people don't want to know or don't care about what kind of person their favorite film stars are in real life. They only care about how "good" an actor they are and how good is the film.

I'm in that camp. For me, an actor's personal life has zero bearing on how well they perform on screen. Even if it *does* impact performances, I just don't care. But, then, I'm not "star struck" by any means and couldn't care less about an actor's personal life.
Couldn't agree more and not just actors but directors too. I may find Roman Polanski's and Woody Allen's personal lives repugnant, but they are two of my favorite directors. So if actors are alcoholics, drug addicts, abuse their children, beat their wives, have racist views, conspiracy theory crackpots, right wing politics or kick their dogs, it's not up there on the screen!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
He drank too much. :huh: He only made it to 50. A shame :( He was a handsome man and an Excellent actor. One of my favorites. WB had some of the Best actors in Hollywood. View attachment 140784
A lot was from Malaria which he had the effects from his entire life, the death of his friend John Barrymore spooked him, he must of known his life would be short and he jammed so much in it in such a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks