What's new

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't think there's been any specs on the new Warner releases yet (very unusual). I'm sure Don Juan will be from the Technicolor originals & look stunning, but I'd like Warner to confirm it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't think there's been any specs on the new Warner releases yet (very unusual). I'm sure Don Juan will be from the Technicolor originals & look stunning, but I'd like Warner to confirm it.

There hasn't, sadly.

I am assuming Warner is still working on getting regularly scheduled Facebook announcements.

Their Facebook page was never updated. No announcements. Everything leaked through Amazon and other retailers.

It's a setback, but I'm certain Warner will get it all worked out eventually for future announcements.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
My Kingdom for a restored copy!!!!

I just noticed that they altured the line for the trailer. When the Duke DeLorca says "This time I will cut more deeply" Don Juan says in the movie " This time I brought my older clothes" refering back to the scene between DeLorca and Don Juan, being offered a commision in Delorcas guards. Which he refuses, of course, and Delorcs strikes and cuts the shoulder of his new suit. But gets no reaction from Don Juan...but for the trailer Don Juans response to Delorcas line is NOT correct...interesting!!

roxy1927

Screenwriter
Real Name
vincent parisi
I'm looking forward to this but Flynn does not look like a man in his 30s. Was it the malaria or living life in the fast lane? Or the fact that people aged faster then?

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I'm looking forward to this but Flynn does not look like a man in his 30s. Was it the malaria or living life in the fast lane? Or the fact that people aged faster then?
He drank too much. :huh: He only made it to 50. A shame :( He was a handsome man and an Excellent actor. One of my favorites. WB had some of the Best actors in Hollywood.
aaaa ERROL 109909_0.jpg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
So his decadent appearance was perfectly suited to the characterisation.

Method?
Unfortunately for Flynn and us, he bought into his own hype...and it kiiled him. And the fact that he had such bad infulences by fellow actors like John Barrymore, who also died before his time.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
He tried to enlist during WW II but was rejected with venereal disease, an enlarged heart and a benign lung tumor.

He got old fast.

From this..
1654463958321.png

to this at his death from a heart attack at age 50. The autopsy revealed he had coronary thrombosis, fatty degeneration of the liver, portal cirrhosis of the liver, diverticulosis of the colon, blood alcohol level of 0.25% and genital warts.
1654463850067.png

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, I never understood Errol Flynn. He had the looks, all the charm in the world, a great voice for cinema, so why did he drink so much (& of course there was the drugs) - I could understand the likes of Quasimodo drinking to excess. I remember watching a TV doc about him many years ago, & it stated that when he was young he was told he had a heart condition & wouldn't make it to any great age, so maybe he got a lot of living in early. Anyway, he's left us lots of great & enjoyable films & performances to enjoy...& like all the greats, there's no one quite like him.

Filmgazer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Helman
He tried to enlist during WW II but was rejected with venereal disease, an enlarged heart and a benign lung tumor.

He got old fast.

From this..
View attachment 140852

to this at his death from a heart attack at age 50. The autopsy revealed he had coronary thrombosis, fatty degeneration of the liver, portal cirrhosis of the liver, diverticulosis of the colon, blood alcohol level of 0.25% and genital warts.
View attachment 140851
It's not enough that you shattered one of my Hollywood Idols with the lurid details of his autopsy report, but you enhanced it with the photo of the corpse from the autopsy. How do I un-thank you for sharing?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
It's not enough that you shattered one of my Hollywood Idols with the lurid details of his autopsy report, but you enhanced it with the photo of the corpse from the autopsy. How do I un-thank you for sharing?

Sorry. I thought it was common knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knginvest
Recent bookmarks