What's new

The Addams Family (2019)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Title: The Addams Family

Tagline: Think your family is weird?

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Family

Director: Conrad Vernon, Greg Tiernan

Cast: Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Finn Wolfhard, Nick Kroll, Bette Midler, Allison Janney, Elsie Fisher, Aimee Garcia, Karen Gillan

Release: 2019-10-10

Runtime: 105

Plot: The Addams family's lives begin to unravel when they face-off against a treacherous, greedy crafty reality-TV host while also preparing for their extended family to arrive for a major celebration.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Trailer:

I love that the character designs look like Charles Addams's drawings from the New Yorker come to life. And Charlize Theron's take on Morticia is perfect. Chloë Grace Moretz's take on Wednesday seems like a nice middle ground between Lisa Loring's strangle but sweet little girl from the TV series and Christina Ricci's serial killer-in-training from the Sonnenfeld films.

Not sold on the rest of it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I know the trailer is trying to pack in as many choice bits as it can (Wednesday's Frankenstein moment was my favorite), but with the frantic editing and the exaggerated look to the whole enterprise, the trailer just exhausted me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, that wasn't a great trailer. The music choices were awful. Also, the design of the Wednesday character doesn't look right to me.

I did like the dramatic arrival of Cousin Itt at the end, but why is he so tiny?

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
A sleepy A-List selection, I saw TAF in Dolby Cinema today.

Dolby actually helps bring this movie to life, the SFX and animation crackle to life, especially the sound aspect.

Unfortunately, the movie is just kind of bland. We

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
A sleepy A-List selection, I saw TAF in Dolby Cinema today.

Dolby actually helps bring this movie to life, the SFX and animation crackle to life, especially the sound aspect.

Unfortunately, the movie is just kind of bland. We
I thought it was OK. Not great but not bad. I do wish that I had seen it in Dolby Cinema though. I made the mistake of choosing RealD 3-D instead. I think I'm done with that format. The picture is always too dark. For some reason, that's never a problem in IMAX 3-D or Dolby 3-D, but I've tried several cinemas and RealD is always dark to me. I think I would have been happier seeing it in 2-D in Dolby.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A sequel is already in the works.

A sequel to the animated movie “The Addams Family” is in the works at MGM, and the studio has set a release date on Oct. 22, 2021, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It could have been funnier but it had its moments. The best character in the show was Wednesday, followed by Morticia; however, it stands to reason since the story is mostly built around Wednesday and her ennui with being cloistered.

The animation was well done. It looks like it was done by a Canadian animation production company.

I'm not sure how well this film is doing to warrant a sequel. I went to a 9:35 PM showing and I was the only one in the theater. Two other people showed up just as the opening scene finished. That was it. Just the three of us.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks