What's new

The Abyss Special Edition. (1 Viewer)

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon.com lists the single edition as 'anamorphic widescreen' and the 2 disk as 'letterbox widescreen'. Is the single edition really anamorphic? If so, might be worth picking up a 2nd copy.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Amazon.com lists the single edition as 'anamorphic widescreen' and the 2 disk as 'letterbox widescreen'.
I think that's an error. I've heard others state that these transfers were to be the same 4x3 lbxed version only sans the extras.

If it is indeed 16x9 I will be purchasing it for sure.

(I've manged to boycott the SE all this time for lack of 16x9...but I may give in as Costco has them for less that $20.

-dave

YANG

Screenwriter
On the re-release of fullscreen single disc version,you can find a list od titles which include ID4,CASTAWAY,PREDATOR and others at DVDexpress.com .They are now ready for pre-order.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,
Is it possible for us to send you back to DVDTalk???
:laugh: :laugh:
Ditto!
As far as the Abyss SE, does anyone think there is a decent chance of this being rereleased with an anamorphic transfer? I am not going to buy the non enhanced version as I have a 16:9 set.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Guys,
Please cool it with these kind of comments against other members. If there's a problem, please contact any one of the administrators.
That said, Ryan,
Please elaborate on your posts a little further. Stating posts with "what is so bad about non anamorphic" without a proper context or elaboration is unfair to the discussion.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Jason
Home Theater Forum

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
no problem. what i meant was, is it really worth it for fox to go back and rerelease the abyss in anamorphic widescreen if i dont have a digital tv.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
what i meant was, is it really worth it for fox to go back and rerelease the abyss in anamorphic widescreen if i dont have a digital tv
Are you sure that's what you meant? That your HT setup is the yardstick against which all DVD releases should be measured? Whether or not they look good on the TV in Ryan L B's house? :)
I doubt it would be worth it to Fox to put out any release just to please YOU and only YOU. But it might be worthwhile for them to put out an anamorphic transfer for the thousands of other HT enthusiasts who DO have a HD/16:9 TV and would repurchase an anamorphic release. :D
I think you meant something else, i.e. whether it should matter to you, personally, whether your copy of "The Abyss" is anamorphic and/or if you should repurchase the anamorphic version if it's ever released. I would think that someday, as a supposed HT enthusiast, you will have a HD 16:9 TV with progressive scan DVD player. On that day, you'll wish that your copy of "The Abyss" was anamorphic. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks