The absolute best 3D Blu-ray Disc that you can buy!

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Those of you also in the UK keep and eye on your local Poundworld where I got mine from. This week ours has a 50p sale on as its closing and the Blu-Rays have all sold. I believe they buy in mixed boxes of discs so its a chance your branch may have it which is worth mentioning.
Other than that Zoom have it at £4.99 Best of 3D.
Happy viewing.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mine came today, but between watching films for my on-line course and sneaking in Return to Oz on Blu-ray, I won't get to this one until tomorrow.

sleroi

Second Unit
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I had seen the best of 3D blu Ray on Amazon for awhile now, but I couldn't find any info about it and it looked rather generic so i never bought it.

I put it in my cart on Wednesday, and when I went to purchase it this morning I was informed that the price had dropped $2.00.

I'm guessing because of a spike in sales because of this thread. Thanks.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched The Best of 3D this afternoon. It took nearly all afternoon, too, as I wasn't expecting it to run 2 1/2 hours. Chock full of wonderful things, I had a few favorites: the opening Nut Job short, the moment where the woman dips her hands in paint and leaves hand prints on glass that extend far out into the viewing area (best pop out among many on the disc), the fireworks sections (I imagine folks who have projectors and 100"+ screens will swoon over this), and the final mountain climbing (which could have gone on a little longer; maybe in place of all that storm surfing).

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
the fireworks sections (I imagine folks who have projectors and 100"+ screens will swoon over this).
100"+ 3D projection may look great but it also looks AMAZING with a 3D OLED! Imagine the colorful sparkling light from all of the self-illuminating pixels set against the infinite-black of the night sky, totally black pixels - having no discharge of light! :3dglasses: Looks like a miniature fire works show of realism and clarity in my living room !

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I watched The Best of 3D this afternoon. It took nearly all afternoon, too, as I wasn't expecting it to run 2 1/2 hours. Chock full of wonderful things, I had a few favorites: the opening Nut Job short, the moment where the woman dips her hands in paint and leaves hand prints on glass that extend far out into the viewing area (best pop out among many on the disc), the fireworks sections (I imagine folks who have projectors and 100"+ screens will swoon over this), and the final mountain climbing (which could have gone on a little longer; maybe in place of all that storm surfing).

Trust me that I was a bit nervous on this end.

Here I am starting a thread saying "Absolute Best 3D...." and stirring up excitement in the process.

If you guys didn't like this disc, I would not be feeling comfortable right now.

I am very happy to see that those of you who have bought the disc and watched it was as impressed as I was over the content.

The pop-out is just remarkable. It's the kind of stuff that isn't normally done on the 3D discs we buy so I knew that this would be a big treat for many.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
100"+ 3D projection may look great but it also looks AMAZING with a 3D OLED! Imagine the colorful sparkling light from all of the self-illuminating pixels set against the infinite-black of the night sky, totally black pixels - having no discharge of light! :3dglasses: Looks like a miniature fire works show of realism and clarity in my living room !
That's what I watched it on, and that may have been one of the reasons the fireworks looked so spectacular for me. I also loved the lighting up of New York City for nighttime in a couple of shots. The black levels of the OLED made those shots particularly stunning.

Reactions: Paul Hillenbrand

John Sparks

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just watched 1 1/2 hours of it and in those immortal words of Jeff Spicoli, "Awesome! Totally awesome!"

I'll be looking into getting, AMAZING AFRICA, OCEAN PREDATORS, OVER THE EDGE, OUR UNIVERSE and THE NUT JOB! :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

THANKS AGAIN RON!!!

Last edited:

breeezer

Agent
Real Name
Bryce
I bought this disc on your recommendation and have only seen a few scenes, but I'm VERY pleased with it! Lots of terrific 3D with so much variation! Thanks!

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
Ron my copy showed up today and I can only say "Thank You" for bringing up this title and your recommendation to give it a try - enjoyed every bit of it!!!

Jesse Skeen

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Have had the main one for a while but haven't checked it out yet. There's a set of the 4 other ones, which I didn't know about before, on Amazon Germany which I just ordered.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron my copy showed up today and I can only say "Thank You" for bringing up this title and your recommendation to give it a try - enjoyed every bit of it!!!

Steve,

It continues to please me to read these responses. I was worried.

You guys can do ME a favor. If you buy any of the other related German titles, let us know how good they are. Always willing to buy more.

Reactions: Steve_Smith

RolandL

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I wish I had that Disney showcase disc, but I've never seen it on ebay for less than $50 - and I just find it hard to bring myself to spend $50 for one Donald Duck 3D short. But I do wish I had it.
Recent sales have been as low as $35 although I got mine for $8. They usually are by-it-now so you need to set up an email to notify you when it's available.