What's new

The A-Team: Season One (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

Universal have announced season one of The A-Team for a release on the 8th June. Retail will be $59.98. Episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono tracks. No details on extras or artwork yet I'm afraid.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Why should I buy this set when the A-Team have shown me how to make my own DVDs out of old scrap metal, tattered bedsheets, and any spare cabbages that happen to be lying around? Lock me in a warehouse and I'll come out with the whole series on DVD... fool. :)

Seriously, repetitive as this series was, I enjoy the first season for the expensive and quite well-written pilot episode (with Tim Dunigan as Face, who was booted off for being too young and taller than Mr. T), for the hilarious "Pros and Cons" episode ("TRASH BAGS!"), for the worst-written token female character ever (Melinda Culea, who was reportedly booted off the show because George Peppard didn't like her), and for the sheer '80s-ness of it all. Oh, and the flipping cars. Gotta have flipping cars.

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
Universal's official website has cover art and says it will be 4 discs. Please don't screw this up Universal.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
YES! YES! YES! And the same day as Quantum Leap! Universal's being very, very good to me!

I would dance around naked, but I think Dave has that trademarked. I'll just settle for the dance of joy.

Now, what about Airwolf?

:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I pity the fool that don't pick this up on release day!!

(someone had to say it...)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Of course, it wouldn't be great news without someone finding something to complain about, so. . . .

Too bad it looks like the pilot will be broken into two parts as per syndication reruns, instead of as one movie-length episode like it first aired back in '83.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Simple - want the 2 hour version of the A-Team? Buy the Columbia House version for 4 bucks (shipped). That's the complete pilot all in one unedited chunk.

Oh well, looks like I get to unload my A-Team and Knight Rider discs on E-Bay. . . .

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Always thought this was a funny show.

They always shoot and don't hit a thing, bullets bounce off glass and when caught in an enclosed area, always have time to build some sort of suped-up car/truck armored vehicle thing and then use it to escape. If it's so easy for people that need help to contavt the A-Team, why didn't the government use it to catch them.

I guess it's supposed to be harmless fun.

Not one I'll buy on DVD. Liked the show when younger, but as an adult it just seems to silly to me.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Hey - does anyone know if this set includes the episode where the Bad Guys lock the A-Team in a garage, and they build a Deathmobile out of spare parts, and then Mr T throws a guy? I'm looking foward to that one.

Thanks.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll get this too. What season is the one with all the Wrestlers in it? I like how Hulk Hogan was only ever called "The Hulkster" !

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think both the Hulk Hogan appearences were in season 4.

Seasons 1 through 3 were good, with just a few clunkers here and there. Unfortunately, season 4 is pretty spotty, and season 5 was bad overall. There was an episode in season 5 where these island natives are chanting, and they change the chant to "Who wrote this? Who wrote this?" You can literally hear that happen. That was also the season where they reused a filmed and aired Starsky and Hutch script. I think that was the last one that aired, even though it was supposed to be next to last. It's an okay episode, if you can overlook the fact that it was a retread. But, the change in direction fell flat.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Tony Case:

Can you explain about the Columbia House Pilot? Is it a DVD or VHS tape? I don't think I've seen this available....

Thanks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's a DVD. You can join their club, and they'll send you a disc with several episodes at regular intervals. It's all in order, as far as I know, so you could get the entire season that way (I doubt if they're all the way up to season five yet). Obviously, you wouldn't want to do that now. I would argue against doing it for any show, in fact, since most of them seem to find their way to the stores in cheaper season sets later on. But, if you were desperate for, say, Airwolf, it is available on DVD from Columbia House. I believe someone in the other thread said it was complete at least through season 2.

But, I believe what Tony is recommending (for people who want the pilot in its original form) is to order just the first disc and then cancel. I believe you can "cancel at any time," though there may be a purchase requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks