The A-Team: Season 2-- April 12th!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jeff*H, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    "The A-Team: Season 2" has been officially announced for release on April 12th, along with "Magnum: Season 2" and "Knight Rider: Season 2", 2 of my other favorites.

"A-Team" Season 2 was my favorite season for several reasons:
    1. It had the best 2-parter of the series, "When You Comin' Back, Range Ryder?" in which the team must stop horse rustlers, and featured the introduction of Colonel Decker, a much better nemesis than Colonel Lynch was in season 1.

2. It featured a great episode about a group of bounty hunters who track down the team and take them out one by one. This episode also features the return of the lady doctor from season 1's "Bad Day at Black Rock".

3. It featured the introduction of the new female teammate, Tawnia Baker (Marla Heasley). While she wasn't as good an actress or character as Amy from season 1/early season 2, she was VERY easy on the eyes! The episode she first appears in is good, too, featuring a "Blue Thunder"-style helicopter on the loose.

This season was the peak for the show; after this, I felt season 3-4 became very repetitive and formulaic, moreso than usual. The short-lived season 5 breathed some new life into the show, but by then it was too late. Hopefully Universal will make it that far with the show on DVD!

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I thought 2 and 3 were both good--season 3's Bounty is a favorite--and that it was season 4 when things got a little tired. 5 was rather terrible, with only Family Reunion standing out. Well, okay, The Spy Who Mugged Me was kind of fun, even though it totally trashed Murdock's character. There's a legend about season 5's Crystal Skull that sounds true to my ears: the god the villagers worship is called something like Horotis, but the actors portraying the villagers end up chanting, "Who wrote this? Who wrote this?"

Anyway, April 12 seems distant right now, but it's good to know the series will continue on DVD.

3. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I will be buying through season 4 if they are released. I will pass on season 5 i hated it. The whole show changed now the A-Team was working for the government, it didn't work for me.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Also, the next-to-last episode--it was supposed to be the last episode, as you can tell from looking at Murdock's shirt in both that and the actual last episodes--was nothing but a recycled Starsky and Hutch episode. The S&H episode was brilliant, but it didn't work that well for the A-Team.

5. RichardLoomis

I will probably pick this one up, although I have to admit to being a bit disappointed with the first Season set. It was one of those rare occasions where my expectations of the show based on my memory didn't quite match up with the reality. This is not to say I didn't enjoy it - I thought it was still fun - but not in the same way as say Magnum P.I. did.

I'm still baffled as to why this wasn't "bonus feature" worthy. I would have imagined that The A-Team would be one of the bigger "TV" properties they own, and new interviews or commentaries would have been nice to include. Look at how great the Knight Rider set was!

6. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hey, all,

Great posts on the 'A' Team. I'm one of those rare types that didn't see any of the 'A' Team when it originally aired in the 80's. I bought the Season 1 pack on a gamble (memories of my Dad watching it when he retired and I was making fun of him about the show [​IMG] ), and I loved Season 1. I needed some info on the rest of the series that you all provided before deciding on whether or not to get Season 2's release. Looks like I'll get it for sure now [​IMG]

7. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff

You can't go wrong with Season 2, for all the reasons listed in earlier posts! The majority of the episodes that season are all good, great, or excellent--very few clunkers in the bunch! Season 3 has a fair mix of both good episodes and not-so-good, and season 4 is mainly not-so-good. The 3-part opener of season 5 was one I enjoyed quite a lot, when the team is finally captured and brought to justice by the government, who turned them into a sort of Suicide Squad. After that, it was downhill the rest of that season until the end. It was a shame, though, that the show never received a proper goodbye after 5 years.

8. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Can't wait! Just barely remember watching this as a kid, but watched it when it was on TVLand a few years ago. Went through the first season in a few days. This is defiantly one of my favorite shows ever.

9. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Thanks again for the info on 'A' Team. Season 2's on the "pre-order" list (along with a few others [​IMG]

Now, another "Where's the love..." question (as the other HTF posters say it so well [​IMG] )

"Where's the love for the 6M$M and Bionic Woman series?" (gee, sounds like I'm waiting for those release dates...[​IMG] )

10. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    New info on "The A-Team: Season 2" from TVShowsonDVD.com; apparently, the set will feature a bonus episode of "Knight Rider" from season 2. No word on which one...

11. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    Richard said: Wow, almost took the words out of my mouth! I really liked this show growing up, couldn't wait to see it. But, I had a hard time sitting through each episode in Season 1.

I'm kind of on the fence about Season 2... I may pick it up used or for a real good deal. I wonder if Tawnia Baker (Marla Heasley) is as cute as I remember???

:^)

~Rob

12. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

Looking forward to season 2, but still wondering why no bonus materials??

13. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

Loved Season 1...but why still no bonus materials for season 2?

14. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I still haven't gotten around to getting season 1 yet but I plan to before season 2 hits. I usually catch some episodes on local tv thats why I haven't gotten to yet. IMO its stood up alot of better than MacGyver.

15. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Often Universal doesn't announce bonus material right away with the rest of the info. Sometimes we don't find out about it until pretty darn close to the street date.

16. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Since it looks like Knight Rider Season 2 won't have any extras I doubt this one will either.

17. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Well I finally have Season 1 now .... I got it for my birthday so I have a bit of time before Season 2 comes out [​IMG]